Violation for Exceeding 266 knots at FL150?

Is this an actual violation?

2 Likes

Yes this is a warning. Failure to slow down will result in a violation. You are approaching the speed limit of the specific aircraft.

Each aircraft has a max speed for the given altitude. If you were in a 320 for example the max is around 350kts and decreases as you get higher in altitude.

If you are in your HUD view you can see the limit as the red line on the speed tape.

18 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Also, just saying, You were at FL150, not FL1500, if you were at FL1500, you’d be at 150000 feet.

3 Likes

That just says a warning, does anyone know how long the warning will go off until you get a violation?

Well, involving my issue I got earlier where my device froze for 3 minutes, I got 6 violations (they were reversed). So from that we can conclude that it is around 30 seconds between the start of the warning and the violation.

I believe its 20 seconds

1 Like

0:20 after the warning, then you get a violation. Then every 20 seconds after that.

3 Likes

@Chris_S. MaxSez: By the book; The average reaction time for Stressed humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an understood audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus. Believe more time should be considered to our not formally instructed or trained mixed community. The 20sec repetitive timed violation should also be looked at as overkill. Suggested Food for thought & a Topic for discussion among Staff. Just Sayin, Max

5 Likes

It should probably be further apart due to reasons like someones device freezing or someone leaving their device alone while in a decent.

1 Like

Leaving your device unattended during critical phases of flight is never an excuse.

@Maxmustang thanks for your input. I have shared it and will be considered during the next re-evaluation of rules.

2 Likes

I would agree with you in the case of the expert server, but maybe not the training. That server is less professional and I think the leeway should be increased to 30s.

1 Like

The violation is there to enforce proper behavior. Leaving a plane unattended on either server during critical phases potentially impacts the experience of others.

We will evaluate the specifics as that area is updated.

2 Likes