Vietnam Airlines Virtual | Official Thread | 2020 | The World In Your Reach

Vietnam Airlines Virtual Official Thread

Since May 2020

Virtual (5) | Virtual (6) | Virtual (4) | image

Apply Now!

Virtual (3) | Virtual (2)

Vietnam Airlines Virtual is based on the real-world Vietnam Airlines. It was founded in late December 2019 and became IFVARB approved in May 2020. A crucial factor for starting this VA is to bring to light the beauty of the often undermined region of Indo-China. Our hubs are at Noi Bai International Airport(VVNB) in Hanoi and Tan Son Nhat International Airport (VVTS) in Ho Chi Minh City with Da Nang, Phnom Penh and Siam Reap being focus cities.

Message from VAV Upper Management

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by the Vietnam Airlines Virtual thread. I’m @Siddhansh, Founder and Board Chairperson at VAV. I started this VA with the hopes of bringing light to the beautiful expanse of South Asia and to elevate the levels of professionalism in Infinite Flight. Our main objective here at VAV is to provide an immersive experience like never before and to bring the World In Your Reach. Hope to see you at VAV soon!

Siddhansh Narang

Founder and Board Chairperson
Vietnam Airlines Virtual

Hello! I’m @Capt_Maverick, Board Member here at VAV. If it’s tech-related, I’m your guy! I oversee all tech aspects on the VAV website and Crew Centre. I also play a pivotal role in the decision-making process in all departments of the VA. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Tino Maps

Board Member and Tech Guru
Vietnam Airlines Virtual

Vietnam Airlines Virtual Official Trailer ~ 2020

Pilot Testimonials

VAV has been and still is a great VA. They have so much diversity which makes us unique. Vietnam airlines in real life is a 4-star airline and the staff members of the VA went above and beyond to perfect and replicate its 4 stars. Overall I like the staff members in the VA who guide us to unexplored areas.

Captainflight
Pilot

The beautiful Vietnam Airlines fleet livery inspired me to join this wonderful VA. With the diverse routes courtesy of VAV’s wide route network, codeshares and Skyteam alliance, you’re sure to keep busy with new routes to explore every week. Nearly 6 months later, I’ve logged nearly 1000hrs of flight time and counting. I’ve since progressed to become a Board Member and enjoy working with the great staff and community we have that’s helping to shape the bright future of this amazing VA!

Tino Maps
Pilot and Board Member

Here at VAV, we welcome everyone to join our ever-growing community. Below are some basic requirements for applying:

Pilot Application Requirements
  • Must be at least Grade 3
  • Must have an active Infinite Live Subscription
  • Must be at least 13 years old.
  • No more than 3 ghosts in the last year.
  • Minimum XP of 50,000.

Vietnam Airlines Virtual. Now recruiting staff!

Staff positions are now open at Vietnam Airlines Virtual. We are looking for interested individuals who can help take VAV to new heights. Given below are the requirements and the list of staff positions available:

Staff recruitment information
Board of Directors
Description

A group of 5 individuals responsible for proper management of the VA. Area of influence includes each and every aspect of the VA.

Requirements
  • Minimum XP of 400,000 ( Can be waived)
  • At least TL2 on IFC
  • Good standing with IFVARB
  • Previous experience in VA management\
  • At least 15 years old.
  • Able to dedicate 2-3 hours per week.
Routes Management team
Description

A team of 2 individuals responsible for creating and maintaining the vast routes of the entire VA on Airtable and adding/removing routes according to day-day changes.

Requirements
  • Well familiar with the use of Airtable, FlightAware and other software.
  • At least TL1 on IFC
  • Previous experience in VAs.
  • At least 13 years old.
  • Able to dedicate 7-10 hours per week for the development of the route database in the initial stages and 1-2 hours after for updating it.
Events Manager
Description

A team of 3 individuals, responsible for creating and managing events, both internal and external. The position also includes publishing and managing career mode schedules.

Requirements
  • Knowledge of basic Slack/Discord formatting.
  • At least TL1 on IFC
  • Previous experience in this area
  • Basic knowledge of the components of event creation.
  • At least 12 years old.
  • Able to dedicate 1-2 hours per week along with leading VA events.

Vietnam Airlines Virtual offers over 200 routes to over 40 countries all around the globe. This includes an extensive network of destinations in South East Asia and Indo-China along with long haul routes to Europe and Oceania. Apart from that, our partnership with the SkyTeam alliances expands our horizon exponentially to each and every corner of the planet. Pilot operations include a variety of modes for the pilots to choose from.

Our Hubs

Destinations

VAV Routes Database | VAV Destination Map

Codeshare Network

Here at Vietnam Airlines Virtual, we have an extensive codeshare network with over 1000 codeshare routes, encompassing the entire globe. Experience over 28 airlines, 100 liveries, and thousands of airports through the VAV codeshare network. Vietnam Airlines Virtual is also a proud member of the Skyteam Virtual alliance. Shown below are all the Vietnam Airlines Virtual codeshares: (Skyteam Alliance partners not included)

Pilot Operations

A variety of career types are offered here at VAV. Pilots can choose whichever mode suits them best. The most recent addition is the Career mode, available to all with effect from 1st December 2020. Each of these provides a unique experience. For more information about these modes, please contact us.

Being over 110 aircraft strong, Vietnam Airlines is looking to become the second largest full-service carrier in South East Asia, with a modern aircraft fleet having a very low average age. Below are the aircraft in the Vietnam Airlines Virtual fleet:

The A350 - 900 is the cornerstone member of Airbus’ all-new A350 XWB Family, which is shaping the future of air travel. This jetliner accommodates between 300 and 350 passengers in a standard three-class configuration and its state-of-the-art comfort and amenities ensure that everyone onboard enjoys a pleasant flight. Used for medium-haul, long-hauls as well as domestic flights.

Registration # in fleet Range Capacity
VN-A886 14 8100NM 305 Pax.

The industry-leading technology of the 787 Dreamliner is creating remarkable opportunities for airlines around the world and dramatically improving the air travel experience. We call it the Dreamliner effect. The airplane’s unparalleled fuel efficiency and range flexibility enables carriers to profitably open new routes as well as optimize fleet and network performance. Used for long-haul flights to Europe as well as select medium-haul flights in Asia.

VN-A861 15 7530NM 274/311 Pax

Note: Fleet size includes the B787-10 variant

As the longest-fuselage member of Airbus’ best-selling, single-aisle A320 Family, the A321’s cabin offers passengers even more space in which to relax and enjoy the flight. Able to comfortably seat anywhere from a typical 170 to 200 passengers in a standard two-class cabin to 220 travelers in a more high-density layout, the A321 – with a wider cabin than any of its competitors – continues to define the meaning of single-aisle comfort in operations around the globe.Domestic and international workhouse forming the backbone of the Vietnam Airlines fleet.

VN-A335 71 3200NM 184/203 Pax

Note: Fleet size includes the A321-200neo variant

Slack Workspace

The primary mode of communication at Vietnam Airlines Virtual is Slack.

Our Slack workspace is used for VA administrative announcements, Infinite Flight-related discussions as well as off-topic chats. The workspace is moderated by the staff and is home to the various internal challenges and competitions organized weekly. The workspace contains over 20 public channels that cover each and every aspect of the VA. The Slack workspace URL is virtual-vietnam.slack.com. For more about Slack and it’s TOS, click here.

Integrated Crew Center

Explore our feature-rich Crew Center designed using a phpVMS skin. Here you’ll get to enjoy all of the following features:

• Live flight tracker using Map-Flight
  • Flight schedule bidding
  • File and view all your logged PIREPs
  • See miles, hours flown and current rank as you progress
  • View all VA recent flights & upcoming departures
  • Stay informed with the latest VA news

Project Hiện Dại Hóa

This is the longest ongoing project at VAV. Its main objective is the improve and revamp the technical aspects of the VA. This includes:

1. Massive improvements in the current Crew Center (CC) with the addition of features like
improved bidding and event booking system and making the CC more interactive. This may also include shifting the CC from phpVMS to a better virtual airline management system like VAM or VANet.

2. Addition of Slash commands to the Slack workspace to make VA documentation as well as important links easily accessible

Project Nghề Nghiệp

This project is focused on creating a career mode for pilots at VAV. In this, you will be experiencing new routes and will bring you to destinations from the African deserts to Finland’s snow region. Here we will give you a set of routes where you fly from. So you would be starting from airport A to B and your next flight would be from airport B to C and so on.

Project Discord

This project is focused on evaluating the feasibility of using Discord as the primary means of communication at VAV, as well as setting up an integrated, easy-to-use Discord server.

Project Kết Nối Thế Giới

This project is focused on connecting the world by adding various codeshares and flying to places all around the world. From South America to Australia we will connect the world with Vietnam Airlines Virtual.

Any queries can be directed at any of our handles on social media platforms and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Furthermore, feel free to message us on IFC @VietnamVirtual

Copy of Copy of THE WORLD IN YoUR REACH

Disclaimer

Vietnam Airlines Virtual is a virtual airline exclusively for the mobile flight simulator Infinite Flight. We have NO connection or affiliation with Vietnam Airlines or any other real-world airline.

Credits

This thread has been prepared by Vietnam Airlines Virtual Upper Management

THE WORLD IN YoUR REACH (6)

Vietnam Airlines Virtual 2020
32 Likes

Very nice vibrant thread! Great Job! I might be tempted to join!

2 Likes

Nice new thread!!

1 Like

Simply sublime! Well detailed & nice touch with the trailer, love it👌Here’s to VAV’s success, cheers!

3 Likes

Amazing thread guys!! Really good!

2 Likes

Amazing thread! 9WVA is glad to be partnered VAV 😊

3 Likes

Congratulations on the new thread @Siddhansh and @Capt_Maverick as well as the other staff members at VAV! The intricacy of this thread is just awesome ;)

4 Likes

WOW guys very detailed and orgonise VA thread

1 Like

Many thanks for your kind words sir, salute! @Anthony_Morgan

1 Like

@Gliding_Central @Captainflight @Capt_Maverick @Deval_Surana @Raveesh @Anthony_Morgan @Gaming_sniper

Thank you very much for your kind words!

- Siddhansh N
6 Likes

In the future I hope to join and I love the thread it looks so smooth

1 Like

Glad to be part of the Va

2 Likes

Nice looking thread!

1 Like

Nice Va trailer I just saw it.

1 Like

Don’t know if this is needed, but, I’ve always been fascinated by Vietnam airlines’ livery especially on the A350 and B787. It’s always amazing to see them anywhere around the world.

3 Likes

The livery looks so good the Blue with golden accents

2 Likes

I am the newest member I am Happy to be here!!

2 Likes

I already started a flight with this wonderful alirline

1 Like

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

Vietnam Airlines Virtual wishes you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah. Quoting Oprah Winfrey,

May this season find you among those you love, sharing in the twin glories of generosity and gratitude.”

Copy of THE WORLD IN YoUR REACH (1)

Original size Virtual (3) Vietnam Airlines Virtual 2020

5 Likes

Nice gesture really like the Card happy holidays to all!

1 Like