Videos of take offs and landings allowed?

I often see these videos online, yet I always hear the cabin crew briefing passengers that all electronics must be switched off during take off and landing, until the seatbelt sign goes off. It happens, well, at least in this part of the world and on different airlines. Does your cabin crew in your areas say this as well or are videos allowed? What effect does the electronic devices have on the aircraft, if any? Or is it for security purposes?

8 Likes

I don’t think actual cameras count as electronics. So I think they use those to record.

2 Likes

Most airline allow use of smaller devices provided they’re on flight mode.
During takeoff and landing
Cameras are fine.

4 Likes

They practically don’t affect the aircraft.

2 Likes

I use airplane mode on my phone to film and take pictures while flying. As long as it’s on that setting you’re fine

4 Likes

Well I usually don’t put airplane mode. Then since I have a YouTube Channel I need to take videos every time during landing and Takeoffs.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I guess that’s why they have won the Skytrax awards then.

What?? Emirates won the best airliner award on Tuesday

I used My Phone during landing on XT250 flight and departure during QZ257 flight, Though I set them on Flight Mode

1 Like

1 Like

You should put your phone in airplane mode. Even though it shouldn’t do anything, should something have been improperly repaired it can cause some issues.

1 Like

Depends what the airline and national aviation safety body say for your trip. Some allow electronics on but in flight safe mode, some don’t allow electronics on at all during take-off or landing. It isn’t standardised across the world or even standard between airlines in the same country.

1 Like

I normally turn my phone on airplane mode as we enter the runway for takeoff and record with it!

1 Like

Cameras don’t affect the plane even if they are not on flight mode. The only thing which could affect the plane is wifi or any inter-device connection

1 Like

It’s the FCC that wants your phone off the cell network when flying since you’re going to be passing over many towers rapidly. They thought that it could cause issues, but it’s probably a non-issue now.

You can record videos on takeoff and landing. No problem since the flight attendants are in their seats and can’t see you anyway.

3 Likes

And I have to take videos because my YouTube Channel. The only time I can’t is if I fly heavies because the have the middle row.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the point I want to get at. So, people conscientiously disregard instructions given to them?

1 Like

I wait for “flight attendants please be seated for takeoff” then pull out my cameras :p

4 Likes