Video- Cork,IR.. City Jet Aborted Landing- Cross Wind Gust Crabbing

The “Right Stuff”. Max Sends

6 Likes

that was some serious crabbing going on there! Good call by the skipper to do a go-around!

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

4 Likes

Also normal down by BHX!

2 Likes

CNN must be eating their heart out on that:

“BREAKING NEWS: SMALL 10 PASSENGER COMMUTER JET NEARLY CRASHES WHILE LANDING IN HURRICANE FORCE WINDS. WATCH THE THRILLING VIDEO ONLY HERE:”

5 Likes

Even less wind than what you would consider ‘normal’ for Leeds, especially with this last fortnight!

Cork is one of the most windy though, it’s also know for its low visibility approaches.

1 Like

Back when I was an AV noob I thought anything with four engines was huge. There I was in an Alitalia ERJ-190 thinking that an Avro was a jumbo jet…

1 Like

And also at EMA… It’s halfway between the 2 so what do you say? Plus here you have a motorway to miss…

3 Likes

And once again, this turns into a moaning thread about the British Weather… And CNN…

3 Likes

[quote="IceBlue, post:9, topic:16148, full:true]Plus here you have a motorway to miss…
[/quote]
It has been known that they don’t always miss the motorway…

1 Like

At least they usually manage to miss the town :-)

2 Likes

The first time I saw this I honestly thought the title was ‘… Cross Wind Gust Crapping’!

3 Likes

Then this probably wouldn’t have been about the British weather…

2 Likes

I give you the Daily Mail… plane lands SIDEWAYS!!!

The weather was pretty vile over at Dalcross that day, beautifully textbook crosswind landing by the Sleazyjet pilot. (I say ‘textbook’ in full awareness that I have no scoobie what it’s like to land an A319 at all )

4 Likes

2 Likes

The weather at Cork Airprt is quite frankly horrible, there is way too much fog and wind, and at one stage they were actually considering closing the airport or re locating it. I usually try to avoid flying out of there due to the risk of cancellations (and because it’s quite expensive, and the roads from where my house is to Cork are awful.)

3 Likes

Norwegian want to do long haul to the U.S from Cork.

3 Likes

That’s nothing compared to 25 kt gusts in IF ;)

1 Like

You forgot the “WE’RE DOING IT LIVE” part.