Victorville Southern California Logistics Airport

I just flew on Allegiant yesterday. I had no idea that they had ordered 737 Maxes

1 Like

Yeah I know that. I think he was confused bc it was China southern and Qantas.

2 Likes

The planes didn’t have anybody on them (except the pilots of course) and probably had no cargo so more space for fuel

More fuel = fly further

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

Yet Qantas operates in Australia… hmmm

1 Like

I call cap on that

2 Likes

A lot of stops. Some of them flew through Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Iceland, Canada then into Victorville. Others, including those which are yet to be retired, had an extra fuel tank installed (or will when they’re retired), allowing them to island hop over the Pacific Ocean to get to Victorville.

QantasLink’s Boeing 717s will all be retired by the end of the year (last flight on October 29), with Delta taking them on for spare parts.

1 Like

oh you’re right my bad

2 Likes

It might have been a MAX, lemme check…

1 Like

They were?

Yes, I’m pretty sure it is a -800.

I don’t think they were.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

Hm. It’s possible, though I do not see any of UAL’s parked/in maintenance B738s in VCV.

There are three B38Ms in Victorville at the moment.

N47343 - BFI → VCV, arr. April 19
N17346 - BFI → VCV, arr. May 31
N17344 - BFI → VCV, arr. June 2

Cool experience nonetheless, looks like a great time.

1 Like

Might have to ride on A Qantas B717 before they retire them i don’t think i have ever flown on the b717!

1 Like

Thank you, that helps. Yes, it was a great experience indeed.

1 Like

That’d be amazing! 😊

You really don’t have long for a Qantas b717 flight. Mid and late 2024 are general time frames for the b717 retirement that I’ve seen and we’re somehow already in June

2 Likes

Are you able to walk around at this airport since it’s kind of a graveyard? Or no?

1 Like

No, I was not able to walk on the Airport. I could just take a look at it from the other side of the fence. 😔
There were even some (small) planes, like a Piper, or a Cirrus flying from the Airport.

1 Like