Go to Victorville on google images
Go to Qantas 747 (lonely one) next to that is what looks to be a 787

2 Likes

Could be N787FT, prototype, and too expensive to put back in servicr

3 Likes

Crop the picture and then it should upload

1 Like

1 Like

Originally discussed here; picture in my old thread though seems to have been taken down

2 Likes

Wow, that is really sad. I would be happy if I saw 2 A350s fly in there soon 😉 I would think of PrivatAir as an enthusiastic buyer of the 787! It can be a great VIP travel aircraft and they only have the A319 and B767 already. What a silly mistake they made!

3 Likes

Well I know one fact about it for sure: Jetstar won’t be buying it since it is fitted with Rolls Royce engines. Could any 787-8 operators be a possibility for this aircraft’s ownership?
This is what two people wrote:
“Aircraft was on order for previous company owner. When he left, aircraft was sold to client airline, who ran out of money. Current ownership with a US bank who will lease her to said airline. Expected entry into service later this year.”
“I’m guessing the problem with finding a new owner for this aircraft is it’s internal equipment and furnishings. If it isn’t in some airline’s standard configuration then it would be very expensive to reconfigure. It’ll probably take a couple million to get this bird up to any standard and even then it’ll have it’s own effectivity in the manuals.”

Any Airbus lovers, please do not comment on that photo and say “Great to see!” 😑

4 Likes

ANA’s 787s are fitted with RR engines, but I think they’re not interested in any more 788s at the time being.

1 Like

Great to see

1 Like

Why would Jetstar care if it has rolls royce engines?

1 Like

Because it’s easier to maintain 1 type of engine per aircraft family.

3 Likes

They use General Electric GEnx engines, same as Qantas will

Just so you guys know, the 787s engines can be swapped by Boeing.

It’s a expensive job, changing pylons, wiring looms, piping amongst many things…but it can done.

One of the first Boeing 777-200s had an engine swap from P&W to RR before entering service with Cathay Pacific.

It’s all about $$$$$$

1 Like

Honestly I love GE engines, I don’t really feel safe on an aircraft without them

1 Like

They are very technologically advanced. GE definitely does take risks to make their engines as fuel efficient and powerful as possible.

1 Like

Finally a good news.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.