Recently, I have been watching videos about VFR into IMC on YouTube, and one thing that I see is that Pilots (usually new pilots), will stretch their minimums or test their minimums and see if they can make it through.
Most of the time, it doesn’t end well.
I am here to ask Real Private Pilots some questions regarding minimums and if you’ve ever encountered IMC conditions.
- What are your Current VFR minimums?
- Have you ever gotten yourself into IMC?
- Did you immediately turn around when you were flying and saw storms ahead?
- Did you sign up for IFR Training once you finished your initial PPL Training?
- Can you give Tips for new pilots and those who are in training?
Many pilots i’ve spoken to said if they got themselves into IMC, or see Storms ahead, they would immediately turn around and land, or delay their flights for another day.
I have seen a lot of videos, especially the ones from AOPA Safety. I can’t help but watch these VFR to IMC crashes, as I can use these videos as a learning tool on what to do if I ever encounter IMC conditions.