VFA-81 “Sharknado” F/A-18E Super Hornet

VFA-81 “Sharknado” F/A-18E Super Hornet
Seen here at Little Rock Clinton National Airport

CREDIT

About VFA-81:
Strike Fighter Squadron 81 (VFA-81), also known as the “Sunliners”, is a United States Navy F/A-18E Super Hornet strike fighter squadron stationed at Naval Air Station Oceana. They are a part of Carrier Air Wing One, their radio callsign is Inferno, and their tail code is AB. Their mission is to conduct prompt and sustained combat operations from the sea. The squadron was originally designated VA-66 on 1 July 1955, was redesignated VF-81 the same day, redesignated VA-81 on 1 July 1959, and finally redesignated VFA-81 on 4 February 1988.

About the F/A-18E Super Hornet:
The Boeing F/A-18E is a twin-engine, carrier-capable, multirole fighter aircraft variant based on the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet. The F/A-18E single-seat is larger and more advanced derivative of the F/A-18C Hornet.

F/A-18E Specifications:
Maximum Speed: Mach 1.6
MTOW: 66,000 lb (29,937 kg)
Service Ceiling: 50,000 ft (15,000 m) at least

Yes please The shark teeth look cool on any military plane

1 Like

I’m at my vote limit and I don’t tend to vote on liveries anyway, but I’ll be commenting on some of the E liveries that catch my eye.

Definitely like the shark teeth and “Any time… any where” on the fuel tank. Also like the squadron callsign for the livery

2 Likes

Excellent livery but I don’t have a vote:(

1 Like