Very... unique: Condor's new livery

Condor's new livery

Condor has just presented its new brand identity plus livery. In order to modernize its branding and separate itself from its past as a Thomas Cook airline, the German leisure airline has drastically changed up its livery. Until now, the aircraft flew in a Thomas Cook-style livery with the typical grey and yellow colors.

Source

Now, however, this will be gone. Instead, Condor presented a new brand identity to make itself stand out better, and to better represent its core business of leisure. As a result, the base livery will have the same layout but will come in different color variations, similar to Icelandair’s new livery. However, the colors chosen represent something else:

Source: Condor

The goal is to give the aircraft the feel of things that the passengers can expect to see at their destination. The colors were inspired by “parasols, bath towels, and beach chairs” and the decision to choose multiple colors was made to emphasize inclusion and diversity. As the graphic above already implies, the most important design element will be stripes. Therefore, the aircraft will only be painted with those, creating a sort of zebra look, while a light grey will be the base color. Here are some mockups presented for all their fleet:

As you can see, also the logo type and logo itself were streamlined. The type now is all lowercase to give some emphasis on the name, while the logo was made more dynamic by making the lines thinner (similar to the approach of Lufthansa).

When I saw the mockups, I thought they lost it completely, to be honest, after seeing some renders, I actually started to like the livery:

All things with Condor’s old design will be replaced by things with the newer branding, also including the cabin interior. This will be 80% done by 2024, but the first aircraft painted in the new livery is set to take off tomorrow to Lanzarote. D-AIAD, an A321 will be the first aircraft painted in the new livery, in this case in yellow stripes. The A330neos, that Condor ordered, will also come with the new livery when delivered.

What do you think of this livery, considering that Condor is a leisure carrier?

• Great
  • Good
  • Ok
  • I don’t like it

0 voters

Source:

31 Likes

This is a pretty interesting change, the livery looks ok but in some cases to me it’s weird imo.

1 Like

pretty ugly tbh…

4 Likes

The concept behind this rebranding is quiet awesome.
So everyone just calm down and let them fly.
It’s the product which makes condor such an awesome airline.

4 Likes

I also think so. We only have seen the initial renderings and some real-life shots with bad lighting. The livery is designed to shine in sunny holiday-like conditions; the conditions it was made for to represent.

I agree. Some of the colors look better than others. But I also like their take. Designing a livery that stands out from all the standard euro whites and that is a unique take on a livery. Of course this doesn’t necessary mean that everyone likes it or hates it.

It is BEYOND hideous.

15 Likes

I like it ^^ It will definitely be the livery that stands out the most at a terminal. The question of if it stands out in a good or bad way remains to be answered by everyone themselves.

Reminds me of a Christmas cracker. Hope it doesn’t go bang though!!!

3 Likes

the worst livery in history

8 Likes

I’ll be quite honest here, this is kind of like the Brussels Airlines situation for me.

I don’t mind the livery in itself, it looks alright, maybe even quite good, but in comparison to their current/“old” livery, it’s a downgrade.

In itself it looks good, but as a replacement to their current one, it lacks. If it was just a special livery they’d paint on some aircraft, I’d like it a lot more than I do now.

5 Likes

Even the Iceland Air new livery is better than this !

It may grow on me but for now it looks atrocious. I feel the Thomas cook like livery should stay.

2 Likes

That’s just discriminatory. Takes away all the pride this livery had in holding the title:

I am not going to lie this is one of the worst Liveries I’ve ever seen. Stop getting 5 year olds to make liveries!!!

2 Likes

At some point you have to move on from your Thomas Cook identity I guess. I think we have to wait until we see more colors and images to really judge it.

1 Like

If I described this livery honestly, I would get banned from this forum for inappropriate language 🤣

I mean seriously that is absolutely hideous.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s right its kind if the same situation and right now i Don’t see any complains for the Brussels as it was on the day when it was released

1 Like

That livery doesn’t look bad as condor. I’m glad lufthansa sold them.

1 Like

Real-life shots:

Source

Source

4 Likes

What a toxic community … honestly.

5 Likes