Very Slight Runway Inaccuracy @ KRAL

How it looks in IF

Apple Maps satellite view

The runway looks uneven; at least in real life there’s a shoulder, it disappears, then reappears. In IF, BAM, runway crossing, widened runway. What’s up with that?

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I’ll check this out.

1 Like

Forgive me, but what exactly are you pointing out? This is how the runway and the shoulder is, in real life. :)

if you look in the distance in the picture of IF, you can see runway 16 is widened after the point where the 2 runways cross.

Yes I see that. That’s how it is in real life if you look at the satellite imagery.

Could you point it out, i dont see how it is like that.

May be a bit hard to see, but the red line on the bottom is slightly shorter than the one on top. The bottom half of the runway has a smaller width than the one on top after the crossing.

The airport does need some improvements, so I’ll let the editors know about this nonetheless.

6 Likes

ah yes i see it, but in IF its unrealistically expands

Yes, it doesn’t look as subtle as it is in the real world.

I’ll have a look at it tomorrow. Perhaps this will include remodel the airport. Thanks for reporting the issue :)

I have checked the airport and I didn’t see the issue you reported (perhaps the airport it’s not rendering correctly), but the airport itself needed several renovations.

Before:

After:

3 Likes

Thanks to all the airport editors you guys do excellent work and I think I speak for everyone when I say you guys are appreciated :)

1 Like

You’re welcome. Always glad to contribute ;)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.