Very serious problem NAV !

I wanted to know if anyone else had a problem similar to or like what I had. I was doing an average 4 hour flight out of Rio de Janeiro to Punta Cana, so I took off, I activated the NAV and from that moment started the problems! I left the simulator open and went to do other things, when I got back the plane was totally off the marked route, going from one side to the other, I thought it had been my mistake so I arranged and lined the plane again on the route and activated the NAV and went to do other things again … When I returned the plane had fallen missing 30 minutes to the landing, but as the plane was without fuel, did not give Crash! Note: The airplane had its fuel properly adjusted to make the route.

What were the winds like?

1 Like

Doesn’t this belong in #support?

I suggest you give more detail for us to be able to help you.

2 Likes

Please take a look at this topic so we can better assist you

2 Likes

Normal, nothing that could cause such an accident.

1 Like

What aircraft were you flying?

1 Like

Looks like your NAV was off. That is why it was off course.

This might have been corrupt files. A simple restart of your device should fix it. If it doesn’t, re-install the app.

1 Like

From what @Matthew_Chan said, a screenshot/video would help us assist you better. :)

1 Like

Boeing 737-700 !!!

You weren’t watching as your plane deviated off course.

You fell short when you ran out of fuel.

1 Like

This is most likely caused by having waypoints with several sharper turns close to each other.

And this is most likely caused by improper fuel amount. The built in “estimate” function in the Weight & Balance section is a veeery rough calculation, and does not take wind, weights and other factors into account.

4 Likes

Thanks !!!

1 Like

I did not understand.

This could be a range of things that happened…

1. You didn’t actually activate NAV mode

2. The winds were messing with your plane.

3. Mabey it was some corrupt files. Restarting your device should fix it

And @schyllberg beat me too it…

1 Like

Thanks !!!

You didn’t have enough fuel to cover the distance you lost by going off course.

1 Like

As Mr. schyllberg said, it might have been a sharp turn, Could you send us the FPL if you still have it?

2 Likes

Also, for the future could you not use “very serious problem!” as the title of a post, it’s very general, not descriptive and does not convey what your problem is. There is widespread poverty across the world, that is a serious problem! Your plane going off course does not warrant an explanation point. I would suggest the title to be “NAV problem”, or something similar.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion I will edit!

2 Likes

For future reference, try not to put turns in a flight plan that are less than 90°. Also, load your plane with at least 2hrs of extra fuel so you don’t run out if something goes wrong (overshooting rwy, ever off course, etc).