Vancouver to Toronto “Trip Report”

Hello everyone! After submitting my photo for @Qantas094’s Picture Competition, I discovered that I thoroughly enjoy editing screenshots from Infinite Flight and making them as realistic as possible. After some consideration, I decided to make a “photo trip report” for a flight in Infinite Flight using this mentality.

This flight mirrored its real-world counterpart. Detailed route and altitude information can be found there.

Route: CYVR-CYYZ
Aircraft: Boeing 787-9
Server: Expert
Date: 11/3/19

Waiting to board the Boeing 787-9 at gate C49.

Climbing out of Vancouver.

Flying over Fargo, North Dakota.

Flying through a thin layer of cirrus clouds over Lake Michigan.

Flying through a heavy snowstorm on final approach.

Landing safely in Toronto

Unedited screenshots

Would you like to see more of these in the future?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

30 Likes

Wow great job!!! Love them. Nice work with the cloud editing

1 Like

Thanks! All of the clouds were PNG’s taken from Google that I color corrected and made partially transparent. Clouds can be a little tricky when they are partially under the wing (such as in the second photo), but you can usually make it work with some erasing or layer magic.

2 Likes

that’s odd. That flight rarely flies over the US airspace.

Beautiful photos though, really loved the Toronto snowstorm. Fun fact: there actually was a snowstorm today in Toronto

2 Likes

I thought the flight path was a little odd as well… until I looked at the winds aloft. Whenever you see a flight with abnormal routing for no obvious reason, there is a good chance that they are avoiding / taking advantage of winds. Also, why do you think I chose to include a snowstorm? 😉

2 Likes

WOW!

Those are really good - would love to see more of these types of posts.

2 Likes

This is something else, excellent job! 10/10!

1 Like

I’ve actually been working on something like this for a while now, but CYVR to EGLL. I’m done the flight, it’s just I’m taking mine a step further and making a mini virtual cabin to go with it

1 Like

That’s incredible! What editor do you use?

1 Like

I Love the second photo, absolute love, it!
I CAN’T RESIST HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS!

1 Like

Those clouds, they’re perfectly edited. Awesome job!

1 Like

Amazing!!! Especially since I love Canada mainly Vancouver and Toronto!!!

Whyyyyyyy 😥

2 Likes

Wow these are amazing! So realistic

1 Like

I primarily use PicsArt and Photoshop Mix.

1 Like