Vancouver Center Radar Timelapse

Another radar timelapse, coming at ya! It’s been a bit since I really jumped into some heavier traffic, but I finally decided to, all thanks to @ToasterStroodie. He convinced me to get on center with him on approach, and it actually turned out being my favorite center session, even though I somehow only got 70 operations for 1 hour and 23 minutes of constant transmissions, lol. Our plan and communications throughout the entire session, via zoom, was definitely the key factor in this beautiful arrangement of constant arriving traffic from aircraft arriving from Calgary. This session was a bit unique because I decided to switch up my style and manually vector all of the Calgary arrivals through a STAR, regardless if they had it in their flight plan or not, at which I would hand off to Toaster and he would manually vector them all the way in for their approach, so vectors all the way from cruise alt to their approach clearance! It was an incredible experience, and you can expect @ToasterStroodie and I to be doing similar sessions in the near future, but it really goes to show how smooth things can go when center is there to manage traffic before they reach approach.

Center : @ShaneAviation
Approach : @ToasterStroodie
Tower, Ground, and ATIS : @Sharan.Somayaji

17 Likes

Beautiful video, Shane. It was truly wonderful working with you. You made my life as Approach a breeze, and just look at that gorgeous line on the left downwind that you handed me. Absolutely spectacular levels of controlling on your end! I’m looking forward to working with you in the future. A big thank you to @Sharan.Somayaji for being a great local controller as well!

2 Likes

I don’t understand, what are those white lines??

Also lovely job very satisfying

1 Like

If you mean the white lines in the thumbnail, it’s what shows when you filter aircraft in the replay. Filtering aircraft highlights them purple and it shows you their entire route from start to finish

2 Likes

Oh very cool. Neato

1 Like

Amazing video Shane!😍 My life at Tower and Ground was much easier as @ToasterStroodie for being the approach and @ShaneAviation for being the center! Happy to work with both of you in the future :) Thanks for being an amazing radar controller Danny and also thanks for being an amazing center Shane.

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff once again guys! Great video @ShaneAviation!!!

When that one aircraft disappears after entering the LOC… Game Crash

1 Like