Vague and poor game rules on live

But we can’t have a specific rule and set procedure for any given circumstance that could possibly ever happen. That’s just impossible.

Thanks Blitz

I was then above 30,000 feet. And yes I agree reports as a last resort! Thank you.

In my case, I was instructed to turn south to 180 degrees and then all of a sudden ATC calls me to climb to lvl. 600 and then pounds me with a level 3 violation. Literally just that… very annoying.

1 Like

If you were told to climb to that altitude, and then received a violation, that seems a little off on either the controllers side or on your side.

I suggest contacting @appeals with your replay :)

1 Like

Well guys I agree this is the fact and how things should be. But it is unfortunate this is literally what happened… that’s why I’m so mad and upset on sometimes our case gets treated and looked at.

I meant no offense to anyone but I’m just frustrated. I was taken down from level 4! To 3 then 2 in just four days

I can assure you if we abused our reporting power we wouldn’t be IFATC, we use them as a last resort if a player doesn’t follow instructions or the rules, it is not like we just hand them out for fun, no, we have valid reasons to report a person

3 Likes

It has already been reviewed by the appeals team. The Appeal was reviewed and the final decision was to keep the violation.

5 Likes

Trust me I haven’t written my topic here only because that is how appeals treated me and decided that what they see fit and bam there you go topic closed. Very sad.

Literally I was asked to turn to heading 180, then climb to lvl 600 then I got hit with the violation.

If this is happening so odten to you in such little time… maybe you’re doing something wrong. I’m not saying you are, but it’s very unlikely this would happen accidentally multiple times in a few days. I do understand your frustration.

Ah alright, well then some part of it is his fault. I’m not going against him but if he wants a valid statement, he has to explain the full story. Since we all don’t know what happened, it’s best we not speculate or continue with it and instead, @MoeIbz should contact a moderator about the incident.

2 Likes

Well, it was rejected for a reason, if appeals said it wasn’t going to be reversed for one reason or another, moderators aren’t going to either, regardless of how much you ask.

4 Likes

Hey! Sorry to hear you’re not having a good experience in the game.

Let me try and address your points one by one:

The minute you request vectors to an airport, you’re under ATC’s control. Or if they find that you’re not “away” and your flight path might interfere with traffic. Whether it’s Center, Approach, Tower, whatever. Like you said - flying at FL500 at Mach 2 in a fighter isn’t forbidden - unless it violates another aircraft’s boundaries, or if you want to descend and head to an airport.

Flying at Mach 2 when descending through controlled airspace, is not exactly violation-worthy behaviour, unless you’re told to do otherwise. You’re allowed to be at Mach 2 unless specifically told so by the controller. But again, you have to be situationally aware. You can’t interfere with traffic around you. Remember, controlled airspace extends as far as up to FL600. Center is still a controlling agency below that. You can’t behave like you’re in a free-for-all Class E or Class G airspace when you’re in contact with ATC. If anything you’re in Class A airspace - the most restrictive of them all! So if they tell you to reduce speed, you’re gonna have to comply.

I would highly suggest reading through this thread for etiquette on flying fighters on Expert, written by Tyler himself.

With a headwind of 16 kts, maintaining slowest speed should in fact be no problem! Just saying. But also - fuel is the pilot’s responsibility, and even though ATC will try to sequence you in early, they’ll still want their airport clear. Emergencies aren’t simulated in IF for now, and if you have low fuel, the general advice is to divert.

5 Likes

Oh, so the appeal already been submitted, replay file reviewed and rejected.
Seems like you are in the wrong here and taking out your frustrations out here

6 Likes

This assumption isn’t true btw. The ring for Approach is 50 NM away from the primary airport, while Center is usually as depicted by the boundaries (or as shown in the radar/distance coverage on that particular frequency).

I remember in my IRL flying lessons, one of the rules is “there’s always someone to talk to,” and all airspace is, in fact, controlled, even though it may seem otherwise.

When it comes to ATC and following rules, I would suggest that that’s a safe assumption to fly under.

3 Likes

Okay let me say this to all replies from you guys which I much appreciate.

My first violation I was flying the F22 and landing on final approach. View from cockpit and crowded airspace. Speed in the range of 160 knots and full flaps and head winds of 16 knots. The aircraft was dancing, yet the ATC kept saying maintain lowest practical speed. Any lower than 150 and my nose would be up in the sky. The ATC lines up an aircraft and asks me to do a turn around. Fine, did that but now I have an emergency with a 2% fuel. On my around I call emergency and on final approach the ATC repeats the same thing again, LMAO I have 1% so as a last resort and being close to the runway and nose up (cockpit view) I land slamming into the tarmac and yet ATC clears an aircraft for takeoff. When I landed I was behind the aircraft I didn’t touch it. Anyway I get violated. In my appeal I said that in real life scenario the ATC was mistaken, yes we should all maintain distance and abide by ATC instructions, however, the fact that ATC kept lining aircrafts on the runway and with circumstances seemed unfair to be given a violation. When I appealed, they decided that I didn’t follow the rule of maintaining distance from an aircraft… I still think the ATC was wrong and under the fact that I had an emergency I should’ve had priority.

On my second violation, I was flying from Paris to London. After crossing the English Channel, I switched to approach frequency as the airport airspace was busy (I’m still far away from the airport and still high on my altitude) just to hold the cue for landing. ATC instructions me to turn to 180 degrees and descend to 3,000 ft. I turn and reduce my speed while still above 2000 feet, the ATC then all of a sudden tells me to fly up to level 600 and then hits me with a violation. In my appeals case I asked that I followed ATC instructions accordingly by the book, but again appeals unfortunately decided that I was in a controlled airspace. No I wasn’t, there wasn’t a London center frequency and I was still high and flying away from the airport, I didn’t disrupt or annoy anyone. Yet they think they are right I gotta deal with it.

Simply and literally that’s what happened.

Well, this one is pretty self-explanatory, don’t land when someone else is on the runway…you’re basically contradicting your own statements of professionalism and qualified users now…

6 Likes

Well, if this has already been reviewed and the appeal rejected, I don’t see a reason for you to create this topic to send frustration here.In other words, there is no need for all of that.

Now I understand a little about your situation:

If you are running low on fuel, don’t go to a controlled airport, switch to an uncontrolled airport. Because in a controlled airport, the chance is very high that you have to make a turn.

Upon request for approach, it is always requested below FL180 and 50nm away from the controlled airport.

I strongly recommend that you read the manual, so that it doesn’t happen anymore and you have a good experience with the simulator!

Link: Overview | Infinite Flight

I wish you success and stay safe!

Cheers!

If you were talking to ATC, you’re in controlled airspace.

2 Likes

Well the issue is I was instructed to turn back and away, to my understanding I though it logical and perfectly fine so I can reduce speed and defend to 3000 feet as instructed. What is annoying is that I got a violation just like that.

Appeals say that I had excessive speed while contacting a frequency. So if I didn’t contact a frequency I’d still be fine? Doesn’t see. Fair

In your case, doing Mach 3 was beyond excessive when you entered ATCs airspace.