VA (Virtual Airline) - love them or ... don't

Virtual Airlines - do they enrich our experience in IF or they just limit us? Why did you join a VA? Why did you leave it? Why did you stay (for so long)?

3 Likes

VAs are a way to really create a way of trying to seek realism. Many VAs use the same routes and planes as the actually Airlines which makes it fun to be able to fly those and file them. I joined a VA because they are fun to fly with people on group flights and events on routes that airlines due irl. I stayed because they are a lot of fun to talk to people that share the same ideas as you

7 Likes

Im in FDXVA for almost a year! I build my way up from a pilot to doing pireps to executive director to now a vice chairman :D I did stay due to my love for FedEx and the VA, I love seeing the VA grow each day :)

4 Likes

When I joined a VA not long ago I was happy as i didnt know that such a thing existed in my whole 3 years playing IF. But when I joined one it gave me something to do. From joining events flying with others making friends. I have not left any VA and VO yet. So i encourage anyone to join a VA or VO as well it makes infinite flight fun with flying with other people and it gives you flights to do that you have my done before.

3 Likes

I joined VA’s to begin with to have some form of community when flying before I found the IFC I was just aimlessly flying for the sake of flying, which is most people do. But I joined VA’s to have a sense of community. I now co-run a VA with someone I’ve worked with before.

2 Likes

The concept to me is clear, it opens a person who purchased a simulator on a mobile device to something that can impact their life…it builds connections. And it makes motivation relevant.

4 Likes

VA is a great way to met new people with the same hobby as you!
The experience you have will depend on the people who’s in it!
The VA I have been joining has been great! Friendly people, and a great community, for learning, flying and meating new people!

1 Like

You learn a lot more when you are in a VA, how airlines operate, group flights, learning more about avaitanik while interacting with other members, they sometime help you point out what you are doing wrong and increase your professionalism in the simulator. I like interacting with VA members made a lot of new friends also, its really an amazing experience.

2 Likes

VA’s are fun, I joined Air Express jet like 3 years ago before the global update but the VA is closed now so I’m not in it anymore

I’ve been apart of FDXVA as well since June 2018. For me it’s been great Its the only VA I’m part of, I love the fact that there are like minded people who are great to talk to and it adds that little bit more realism to infinite flight. Not to mention the group flights with other FedEx pilots and events. I’ve also learnt a lot more since joining FedEx.

1 Like

While I like the idea of VA’s and the way this has worked out over the years, VA’s are just not for me. I don’t want the commitment that is needed with virtual airlines because I can only fly in the weekends. Apart from that, VA”s are a great way of meeting new people and doing group flights, operations, real life procedures etc…

Well I’m the CEO of the NWVA and I have gone from being a recruiting manager to events and recruiting manager to being HRO then COO then now CEO and I love every second of it

1 Like

I joined DLVA (Delta Virtual Airlines) a few months ago and I’m loving it. It doesn’t matter which VA you join if you decide to join, because it gives you a chance to bring your IF experience to a whole new level of realism.

1 Like

VAs are fun, but I don’t like the commitment required. Starting one, I learned that there were way too many different VAs to the point of congestion. They’re all the same to me, just flying a different airline’s flag…joining is the same, the VA is the same, the rules are all the same, everything. Not to mention some of the older and more popular VAs overshadowing newer and less popular VAs. In summary, I don’t.

1 Like

They are great especially VO’s like the former IFATS that provided realistic Vocal Air Traffic Control. That really added to realism.

1 Like

@AF-KLM_VA are the best team ever! Once you joined them, you want to never go away! They’re always kind, open to whatever you want to discuss about, group flights, regular events. It enriching to fly for a VA! It’s the reason that I stay with them!

3 Likes

I have been in several va both IFC based and also from other groups.I have been a pilot I’ve been staff in quite a few of them. I have to admit in nine times out of ten I loved every single mintute. It’s the sense of realism and also community and togetherness as such that i love about them!

1 Like

A question for you Joseph (and all of you share a similar view): What motivated you keep flying in IF (I’ve noticed that some of you are here for some time :). I see that motivation, a sense of purpose and community are one of the most mentioned reasons. How and what do you do to keep yourself motivated and still have a purpose in flying IF?

Thank you all for your contributions!

1 Like

Global. I wanted to see the world, fly with others, and the wonderful community has kept me here compared to other sims. I motivate myself with the excitement in possible updates and features. FDS keeps breaking barriers, and I’m glad that I’m here to see it all.

1 Like

I’ve been in several va’s and some I’ve really liked I am in a few va’s to this day and I’m so happy I joined as I think I found all the va’s that are right for me because of va’s ive worked with and build bonds with people that have the same interests as you aviation is an interest that a lot of people around you irl may not have so it’s fun to talk about planes and have people know what your talking about so I’m happy for that and I wanna thank all the people (you know who you are) For making my VA experience to what it is today and I would not be where I am today on IFC and IF with out VA’s thanks all! -AZA