V1,rotate!

i meant 40,000, e.g 17/35 at KEDW, to demostrate however long a runway V1 is less than or equal to VR

1 Like

Why would it need 40,000 feet to reach V1=VR of 55 kias? Cessna is pretty light plane (I’m assuming you are using 172 as example, not a jet) and it don’t fly really quick in Air. I think it could reach 55kias by 1000 feet with 3,000 feet to use for the reject procedure. It’s nearly 5 am here so my brain could be asleep right now so I apologize if I’m really wrong about this.

oh yes, easily, the point is that even though the cessna could takeoff within the first 1000 feet and fly for a few minutes without reaching the end, it’s V1 is low because V1 must be below or equal to VR even though the cessna could reach 250+ knots and easily stop

Ok I get the V1 and VR being equal if plane is light enough and there is plenty of runway, but I don’t get the “40,000 foot runway” part. Could you please explain that more to me. When my brain has its cup of joe, I will try again and get your example. 😴

Hi!

Have you seen this thread? @epaga pulled the community together to record the V1/Vr and V2 speeds of the majority of aircraft on IF. I use it all the time to decide on my Velocity calculations.

Check it out:

or like @K3v1nxu said, what this video. It will help to give a bit more of a real world knowledge of ‘what is V1’

Happy Flying!

2 Likes

basically, on a long runway a cessna could go up to 250 knots or higher and easily still stop, which would be V1, but as V1 must be lower or equal to VR it is impossible to rotate before V1

Yes I have seen both the thread and vid before.Thanks anyways.

1 Like

V1/V2 aren’t used for light SEP aircraft. Considering the fact that a light SEP aircraft can stop in 200 meters (in fact it would be closer to 100m than 200m but let’s take the biggest figure), you’ll almost always (exception made for super short runways: less than 400m) be able to abort if you do it by the book.

Therefore, making an example of V1/V2 based on a light SEP aircraft is incorrect.

1 Like

I understand that was just using the Cessna for emphasis on the point

This is incorrect! Also there’s no V1 in w single enginr plane… theres an accelerate stop distance but no V1.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.