V1 , Rotate , V2 ?

V1 - V2 - Rotate, V1- Rotate - V2? Both I have seen in real-life flight videos, and the pilots quoted in different orders so there is a pattern?
Remembering I know what V1, V2, Rotate does not have to explain to me hahaha I just want to know if there is any standard anyway!

I’m confused about your question. Can you restate it?

2 Likes

I think this belongs in #real-world-aviation

V1 means there’s no turning back; you’ve reached a speed where if you were to stop at that point you would overrun the runway.

Rotate means pull back on the yoke or the stick.

I’m not sure what V2 means; I’m guessing when you reach a steady positive ascent.

V1 is the point of no turning back, so you cannot abort a takeoff at that point without something bad happening.

Vr (Rotate) is when you pull the plane’s yoke or side stick back to lift the plane’s nose up and bring the plane in the air.

I’m pretty sure V2 means that you are at a speed where if you lose an engine, you can still fly and climb and turn back safely.

7 Likes

v1, v2, rotate are terms used in aviation, whenever I see videos these terms are quoted but in different sequences, so I wonder if there is a pattern.

V2 is the speed at which you can safely climb if you lose an engine

2 Likes

V2 is the rate at which you can complete initial climb out on one engine if you were to lose it on take off.

4 Likes

They should not be quoted in different sequences. It’s always V1, then Rotate, and V2. I have not seen otherwise. Unless if you can post a video link as proof

1 Like