UTair B737-500 landing accident

Good afternoon IFC.

• On the February 9th of this year, a B737-500 of the Russian airline UTair Aviation suffered on accident on the runway of Usink.

The aircraft was evacuated after this accident.
One of the nighty four passenger had sought medical attention for a minor injury.
The aircraft is a B737-500, registered VQ-BPS, had been operating the UT595 service from Moscow Vnukovo to Usinsk airport…

• Russian investigators have disclosed that the Utair Boeing 737-500 involved in a landing accident at Usinsk struck a snow bank with its main undercarriage just before touching down…

6 Likes

Good to hear everyone is ok!

3 Likes

Seems scary, glad everyone is ok!

2 Likes

From what I read:
Apparently ILS and approach lights not working (which isn’t necessarily of relevance during the day).
Also the approach speed seems to be pretty high in the video (could just be an impression though, I don’t know). Not sure what exactly happened here, but it must have been a really hard landing is this is the result of it.

2 Likes

Sad to see such a classic bird go.

Glad everyone is okay.

2 Likes

That is so scary, I hope the passengers are okay. That was a really rough landing as well

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.