USS Midway

Hi everyone I was on the USS Midway at San Diego and I got some great pics of the airplanes I really love these planes I never seen the before there all military planes it was so exciting to see all of these in person lots of different kinds of planes and even some helicopters to I definitely would recommend to visit this place it’s so cool I mean really cool anyway I think this is one of the greatest places to visit take a look at these pics there crazy awesome.

Thank you very much for your time I really hope you enjoy these pics thanks again

25 Likes

Always love me some old timer airplanes. Yeah it was a bad joke

1 Like

These planes give me a nostalgic feeling…

2 Likes

Love the Dauntless, has to be my favorite WW2 era plane

1 Like

I really don’t even know the names of these planes haha 😂😂😂I’m use to commercial airline planes 😁👍🏽😆

2 Likes

One of them is a Vought F4U Corsair…another one is a F9F Panther

2 Likes

that’s cool sorry these are older planes for me 👍🏽I really love old planes

2 Likes

I have way more pics but I’m only allowed to put 10 in one topic you can message me if you want more pics 👍🏽

1 Like

I’ve been there it’s pretty cool and just seeing what it would be like to be onboard with all the planes and other equipment, did you get to check out the big flight simulators that they have there?

1 Like

Ah. Just love to see big ships with magnificent planes

1 Like

Nice pictures! That F/A-18 Hornet looks stunning in the desert camouflage!

1 Like

The Midway is a fantastic place to visit.

I visited a few years ago during a trip and, during the guided tour (normally done by ex servicemen/women who have served on the ships), I recognized the gentleman guiding us round, he also admitted that he thought he recognized me as well.

It was then discovered, after chatting to him, that we were both displaying at the Tiger meet/RIAT in Fairford in the late 80’s! What are the chances of that!!!

Met up afterwards for a beer or two and a wonderful evening of aviation related rubbish!

4 Likes

Yes I did it was awesome

2 Likes

Awesome I’ve been there before

1 Like

Oh really 😁👍🏽

1 Like

These are great beings back memories of last year when I went to San Diego and visited this beauty by any chance did you see the sumbmarines at dock along the bay

1 Like

Yes I did 😁👍🏽

2 Likes

I was there last September!

Oh man that’s awesome I really miss San Diego

1 Like

Just like you I had more I’m a huge fan of the midway, especially navy ships and aircraft