Using ATC During Your Flight

Awesome tutorial Mark :)

I’m waiting for my answer on this same thing as well. Another user has contacted me by PM asking the same thing… looking forward to an explanation

As I wrote in PM to another member that’s a problem. Sometimes, In the community, you can find everything and his opposite. I think that we should have a definitive statement about this argument. The question is how…

1 Like

I’ll let Mark explain when he has time but you both are correct a commercial aircraft isn’t going to ask for flight following. However just because Mark is in a 787 doesn’t mean he is flying commercially. A few things come into play here.

1. Is the callsign which he has a modified GA callsign.
    Skyhawk heavy

2. Livery
    IF livery non commercial like the generic or BBJ.

3. He’s below FL180 above that is alpha airspace and totally IFR, VFR is not permitted in this airspace.

So since Mark has fallen into each of these category’s he may fly VFR.
@MisterLargo

3 Likes

Fair enough. Interesting.

2 Likes

So then, according to your explanation, my frequent SoCal hops in the CCX at FL150, with flight plan, are perfectly appropriate for FF requests.

Yes sir as long as you have a GA callsign. As Mark mentioned though you may be vectored or given an altitude depending on traffic and collision avoidance. Also be sure to fly an appropriate VFR altitude, and make sure the weather is at or above VFR minimums. Cheers

VFR weather minimums
https://www.faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/25/185/VFR%20Weather%20Minimums.pdf

1 Like

Thanks for your input. Happy landings.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, great tutorial! I have two questions. 1: How do I report an emergency or request priority landing? 2: How do I report a violation by another pilot, e.g. invadin the runway?

2 Likes

You can’t. This is not an option as there are no emergencies in the sim at the moment

You pull up your map, find the pilot on it. go into there info and hit report. ( it takes 3 to report for the pilot to be ghosted)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Cheers!

2 Likes

Love the tutorials. But you should make one teaching the “Expert” ATC’s that A-10’s have the ability to pushback. I don’t appreciate getting “please check forum for assistance on using ATC” every single time I request pushback in an A-10. Especially since I’m Grade 4. There’s a reason I requested pushback. smh. Anyways, I digress. But that would deffinately be a great tutorial for the so called expert ATC’s out there.

3 Likes

Well, considering A10s don’t pushback in real life I don’t think it’s crazy for them to assume that they don’t push back on Infinite Flight. No need for a video to outline a not so realistic function. I’ll simply remind the controllers! :)

5 Likes

Yes, while your point makes good sense, mine should as well. It doesn’t matter if it pushes back in real life or not. What matters is the DevTeam made it possible. And most ATC’s aren’t aware of this. Thus, they reply with sending me to forums. It’s not MY fault they added the feature of pushback to an A-10. All I’m saying is; If it’s possible to perform an action the sim allows, then why should I get violated for requesting an action that was written into the coding of the simulator?

2 Likes

And I do thank you Tyler for your input and reminding the controllers. I enjoy this game greatly and wish no negativity towards anyone personally.

1 Like

Quite helpful… thanks a lot. I kinda knew how to use it over all but after watching the video, I got a better grasp of it.

Im a beginner to this game , already i play live with it and i use atc i give comment to tower and the runwaayy i end up crasheddd !! They don t give me the altitude and the speed which i have to apply and even it don t help me land !!! I only see the names of other airplanes " af505 stay on altitude 3000" " reduce your speed to 210 kts " bla bla bla bla !!!

And if i am ghsoted i can t fly ???

You can fly, just not on the expert server.

I would answer your other post but I’m not too sure what you are trying to say.

1 Like

If you’re on tower frequency ATC won’t give you altitude and speed instructions, it’s up to you.

1 Like