Ushuaia (SAWH) [CLOSED] on expert server

Come and explore a hidden gem down in the Deep South of Argentina. It is the southernmost city in the world! If you want to do pattern work, VFR flying or get vectored around some of the nicest scenery of the world, today is the perfect day to enjoy it with expert server ATC. Here’s a little hint at what scenery is like on the 07 visual approach:

If you want an idea of a starting airport, SCCI is a nice close one or SCBA for a 2:30 flight down the coast with some magnificent mountains, glaciers and valleys.

Hopping to see many people discover this part of the world and have a fun experience. Do note that it is a small airport and bigger planes aren’t allowed. Furthermore, when lining up, you will need to back taxi. Be familiar with that procedure and keep it expedited. Thanks and have fun!

14 Likes

intriguing name for an airport…

For the moment there are other controllers doing a great job. I’ll take approach in a couple of minutes.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip – I’ll be coming in from SCCI in the Citation X. See you!

1 Like

Ushuaia is a beautiful place I’ve explored multiple times. I knew that I would fly from here, but I just soaned in to active ATC and about 500 people waiting to take off 😂

Sadly I had to cancel the flight since I had to leave fairly quickly, and had to land before a certain time too. I’ll find another beautiful route later, if not the same!

3 Likes

big queue on departure don’t hesitate to fly in instead

2 Likes

Gorgeous scenery on Approach, 11/10 would recommend! Thank you for your service @Captain_Zen.

3 Likes

It’s even better on 070. unfortunately winds aren’t right for that. thanks for coming

1 Like

The approach of this airport was fun especially the runway 07.

Yes, that’s a bit sad. Better luck next time! Cheers.

fly in but expect at least one go around due to back taxi, on my way to try my third approach

although, thank you for your service Captain Zen

2 Likes

Just closed app. Thanks to all who came!

2 Likes

Thank you for a fun afternoon fly-in. I was N52EZ :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.