Uses of Heavy and Super

Hello All,

I felt the need to explain that HEAVY and SUPER are for planes that make wake turbulence.

A 737 does not need the “Heavy” name. Please make this a realistic experiance :D

Flight of 2,3,4,5 used for a group of people

Heavy: 747,767, 777, 787, A330, and A340.

Super: A380

Good Day everyone!

24 Likes

So does that mean that Superman makes waves as he flies? 😜

2 Likes

Yes :D

I guess it does

To clarify better. The only planes that use “Heavy” in Infinite Flight are all variants of 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, A330, and A340. The only plane that uses “Super” is A380.

2 Likes

I really like my Cessna 172 Super Heavy 😀

Haha same :)

Alright I will add that

@Furtive_masstwofourf glad you made this to clarify for people. I see the improper use of this all the time.

Thank you! Nothing more frustrating than seeing a cesna with a heavy calsign

1 Like

I would recommend not using heavy or super because wake turbulence has no affect in this game and therefore the use of heavy and super would have no benefit. All it does is add to the time that your callsign takes to be read in the atc voice. This clutters up the system more.

3 Likes

It’s a sign of realism through the game. Makes it as real as it gets.

5 Likes

I guess it is but I just never use it to try and clear up the atc chats. I would use it if wake turbulence was added though.

Great thoughts! ATC needs to be a littler more cleared, you will never get everyone to stop asking the change frequencies … etc …

1 Like

Yeah if only people realized they don’t have to ask to change frequency a million times :/

757 and 767 use heavy?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Easy way to remember it is that only wide bodies except the a380 use heavy

I didn’t know that. Well I guess you can just remember it as almost all wide bodies and the concorde. A380 isn’t heavy but is super