After spawning, we have our main screen, with at the bottom the horizontal user interface bar. This has great flexibility on the different info & interfaces we can select on each position. Great feature in IF.
Starting from left to right:
• Airplane Load - Allows me to see how heavy I am and if I’m over MLW/MTOW.
• Fuel Remaining - Gotta make sure I have enough fuel to get where I’m going!
• Altitude AGL - I like to get it to 2’ or 3’ sometimes. 👀
• Yoke - Probably the least beneficial part of my interface bar. I just like having it there in the middle.
• Distance to Destination - I like to know how far away I am from where I’m going!
• ETE to Destination - I have to know how much longer I’m going to be flying for!
• Flight Time - How long have I been in the sky?
I always have it there even during IFR flights. The reason for that is that I hate how the NAV behaves with a FPL sometimes. The plane is always flying directly on the line and when there is a bigger turn or I have to change the FPL the plane is overcorrecting its course to get back to the line.
So what I do is that when I change the FPL midflight or there is a bad turn coming up, is that I deactivate NAV, change the heading manually with the Bearing and then reactivate NAV after I set my FPL to fly direct to the next WPT. That way I don’t have those weird course corrections.