User Disconnected

Device: iPad Air 5
Operating system: 16.31.1

I got disconnected from the live server unknowingly, especially on long hauls. The app did not attempt to reconnect to the liver server. Did not switch to any other apps and was on the IF app throughout the flight. Wifi was also connected with no other abnormalities.

-iJazzyman

This has happened to me as well on several occasions lately. Particularly when I receive a 20% battery warning.

2 Likes

Yees, this has happened to me. I’m currently in a long haul and woke up with 5% left and now it won’t connect to the live servers

1 Like

Must be a problem with the servers.

Had this issue happen to me once recently as well, after the update. I had plenty of battery left and didnt leave the app. I checked and the wifi was fine and it was just the live button that was red.

2 Likes

Quite irritating flying 11 hours and still got 1:48 hours left and got no live servers because the battery percentage went to 5%.

It would be nice having this fixed as I haven’t seen any other report on it

2 Likes

I have the same issue, on the ground at KLAX prepping for a flight. Call came in and I answered. Went back into IF and my device never connected back to the server, neither on data nor wifi. Had to end the flight and reload to connect back

1 Like

Definitely, something that should be looked into

2 Likes

This just happened to me this morning as well. Lost a 64hr flight 😬🚩

Excus- 64 HOURS?

1 Like

1 Like

@pog_3r been having this problem since 2021

1 Like

My Infinite Flight never crashed. Luck or skill

Mine always crashes 😈😈😈😈 but I play 24/7 so it is expected.

1 Like

report this problem, please. It can’t continue having this problem when you are getting a low percentage of messages and not being available to reconnect to live servers.

Was on a flight and got a 10% percentage left a message and had to quit because of the user disconnected problem.

Such a waste doing a long haul and having to quit mid-flight because of this. Losing all the xp

2 Likes

Yep just happened to me aswell

It’s definitely not our devices it’s infinite flight. Honestly there’s new bugs like every week, people are just going to stop playing infinite flight if infinite flight don’t fix these problems.

You got a low battery percentage message or is it another reason you got disconnected?

Part of this is intended behaviour, i.e. if the app is not active for a minute, we disconnect you from the server so you are not disrupting other players; likewise, if you’ve been gone for a while, we don’t allow you to re-connect mid-session so you are not interrupting the flow of traffic.

iOS system messages are notoriously bad as they block Infinite Flight from running until the notification is dismissed (it is the same as putting the app into the background),.

That said, we have some longer-term improvements coming to this system soon, and in the meantime I am trying to see if I can find some corner cases which are leading to this increase in reports

9 Likes

It was on 17% so I didn’t get a low battery message