User count has dropped

Last year we had nearly 70,000 users now we only have 39,602 users, what happened? Whas it the rules? IDK. Btw where has Azure gone?

2 Likes

Nope we have never hand 70,000 users, we have had 40,000 before :) People come and go it’s the way of life, they move on with there life. Today more may have left but we are still 30,000 strong!

As for Azure I believe he left altogether, however am not sure.

Cign :)

8 Likes

I said nearly.

1 Like

People come and go all the time for various reasons.

8 Likes

Hey! A lot of users often are suspended, or they flat out just ask for their account to be removed. That’s why the count has gone down. I don’t think we were at 70K last year, the last I remember was at about 50K.

About Azure, his account was deleted, and he was blacklisted. I don’t know anything else about it.

2 Likes

hmmm, thats alot of people though.

Pretty sure they also remove very inactive accounts that have little to none prior activity to save storage. Not sure if this is accurate though.

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this source information?

7 Likes

Discourse automatically removes inactive accounts after a certain period of time (I think it’s 3 years). They also do some regular spam account clean-ups from time to time which is why there can be a larger drop in user numbers sometimes.

4 Likes

I would not go by that number to judge activity or user count changes.

@Chris_S https://community.infiniteflight.com/u

The bottom of the About information has more very basic interesting statistics @juan_tavares. https://community.infiniteflight.com/about

1 Like

the three bars and users.

where did you get that info? that is really cool!

That’s why we should appreciate the time we have to spend with people, even in IFC. Aww man, didn’t even get to say goodbye :(

But that’s life, people come snd people go, it’s the lessons we learn and teach that matters!

3 Likes

Mods and staff probably have charts and other information us users don’t.

@Chris_S (or anyone who may know) please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

I envy mods… no I dont lol.

3 Likes

It is funny how the count fluctuates. I remember when we had 60,000+ users just a few years ago. Now it’s half of that…

2 Likes

Some could have been inactive, duplicate, fake, etc. though being so big.

2 Likes

the count should rise from that awesome video you just posted.

1 Like

Keep in mind that 30,000 users doesn’t = 30,000 users. Most are lurkers or are inactive. I’d say only 10,000 are regular users of the forum.

3 Likes

ya true only about 9.6 thousand