USAF E-11A Crashes In Afghanistan

An Aircraft has seemed to crash in a Taliban occupied region of Afghanistan

Photo credit

https://twitter.com/himat900?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1221763491822014465&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsimpleflying.com%2Fbreaking-ariana-boeing-737-crashes-in-taliban-controlled-afghanistan%2F

The aircraft, originally believed to be operated by Ariana Airlines when it came down near the Afghan capital of Kabul. However, later reports show images that suggest it was a Bombardier E-11A, on a mission for the US Air Force.

Arif Noori, spokesman for the provincial governor, said the plane went down around 1:10 p.m. local time in Deh Yak district, which is held by the Taliban. Two provincial council members also confirmed the crash.

The number of people on board and their fate was not immediately known, nor was the cause of the crash.

Ariana Airlines, Afghanistan’s national carrier, dismissed the claim that one of their planes had crashed in a statement on their website, saying all their aircraft were operational and safe. Ariana Afghan Airlines’ acting CEO Mirwais Mirzakwal on Monday denied reports by Afghan officials that one of its planes had crashed.

“There has been an airline crash but it does not belong to Ariana because the two flights managed by Ariana today from Herat to Kabul and Herat to Delhi are safe,” Mirzakwal told Reuters.

Earlier, three senior Afghan government officials said one of the state-owned airline’s planes had crashed in Afghanistan’s central Ghazni province.

The mountainous Ghazni province sits in the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountains and is bitterly cold in winter.

The flight is thought to have been operating a service between Kandahar and Kabul at the time of the crash.

https://simpleflying.com/breaking-ariana-boeing-737-crashes-in-taliban-controlled-afghanistan/

This is a breaking story and will be updated as further details are uncovered.

15 Likes

Something is really off hear. This states “2 pilot bodies” were found but no passengers?

Some sources are reporting there was no crash or that it wasn’t a 737, but was rather a 767. Sounds like cargo?

2 Likes

I updated the post with pictures from SimpleFlying. Doesn’t seem to resemble anything like a 737, but more like a 727 like a CRJ, with the tail air intake.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a 727 since there’s no middle engine on the tail. It looks more like a CRJ

3 Likes

It could also be a 717 ??? I heard about this a couple minutes ago and thought I would check the forum and see if there was something I had missed.

1 Like

Considering the nature of this story, your “haha got you to click” spoiler is absolutely ludicrous & a disgusting “joke”. Have a bit of humanity about yourself & respect the two lost souls rather than attempting humour.

This isn’t a 737, it has rear mounted engines on what looks to be a bombardier tail…

9 Likes

Based on the picture, it appears to be an E-11A BACN aircraft, known to operate in that part of the world.

2 Likes

Yeah agree, it’s definitely bombardier however it could be any number of Military aircraft if it hasn’t been claimed by an airline. BACN & Sentinel to name just 2.

1 Like

But only the BACN has those two colored stripes which match the picture.

1 Like

Again I agree however we cannot assume one or the other until the USAF (the only user of BACN that I am aware of) acknowledges this.

2 Likes

Asian Intel says that “More unofficial Taliban channels are claiming “that a U.S. aircraft was shot down by Taliban in Dahiek district of Ghazni province”. The channels also claim “the area has been sealed by Taliban forces.”

A little suspicious.

1 Like

Here is a better screenshot found on on social media.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s definitely USAF

4 Likes

“The aircraft, originally believed to be operated by Ariana Airlines when it came down near the Afghan capital of Kabul. However, later reports show images that suggest it was a Bombardier E-11A, on a mission for the US Air Force. “

3 Likes

Well, the question now is if it crashed or was shot down

1 Like

Well the Taliban are a terrorist group, so it probably leans more towards shot down.

1 Like

Well they certainly could have just taken the blame. It could have been a mechanical failure, pilot error, then the Taliban comes out of nowhere and says “We shot this plane down!”. I don’t know why but the Taliban sure loves waging war against first-world countries.

1 Like

That’s pretty much all they know, is war.

Out of respect to the victims, it would be irresponsible and insensitive to speculate on the cause of the incident without enough facts. Prayers to their loved ones.

1 Like

Let’s not make assumptions about what happened here. We barely know any information and to refrain from this topic being closed, we must avoid speculations. Unless it is a confirmed fact, then we should refrain from saying it!

1 Like