US West | Region Tracking Topic

US West Region

This IFATC region represents the west coast of the United States which includes Alaska and Hawaii! You’ll find breathtaking views, a general aviation wonderland, and some of the world’s most popular airports.

Check the topic comments below to see what frequencies are being staffed by ATC in this region, important airport information, and more!

STAFFED EVENTS

Do you want IFATC to staff your event? Publish your event in the #live:events category, ensure you use the correct region tag for your event’s location, and a member assigned to the ATC region will express their team’s intent to provide services for your event.

EVENTS:

Scanning for more at the moment…

FAQ

What are ATC region assignments?

The Infinite Flight ATC (IFATC) team operates globally on the Expert Server using a region assignment program. This program allows all IFATC members to select a region, regardless of physical location, where they may control any airport/frequency for which their rank qualifies. Members will remain in their assigned region for 30 days before being eligible to transfer. Extended assignments allow for more ATC proficiency and familiarity in the assigned region!

How can I join IFATC?

Head to our ATC Recruiting Topic, read all instructions, ensure you meet the requirements, then submit an application to begin!

How does a "Region Tracking Topic" work?

Each assignable region of IFATC has it’s own tracking topic for improved ATC/pilot engagement which offers controllers an additional location to indicate which airports they’re opening in real-time. Controllers may advise when opening and closing by commenting on this topic. Pilots should avoid commenting with excessive ATC requests.

How can I see the current IFATC region staffing?

The number of controllers assigned to each region can be found by visiting if-atc.com/stats. Looking for more ATC in a particular region? Join the effort and become part of the staffing you want to see!

Do I need Staff/Moderator permission to receive IFATC staffing at my event?

No, members of the assigned region are encouraged to comment directly on the published #live:events to express their team’s intent to provide ATC services! Event creators should avoid contacting individual controllers privately for service, instead publishing the event publicly.

How can I improve the likelihood of ATC staffing my event?

When creating an event with ATC in mind ensure the following:

• The featured airports have ATC frequencies
  • The featured airports has ample parking and ramp space
  • The featured theme would be complimented by ATC (airshows and landing competitions are often best without ATC on the Casual Server)
  • The event offers a variety of airports in reasonable proximity to allow for a smooth flow of Air Traffic
  • Event instructions are clear, concise, and not overly restrictive
How can I appeal my Level 2 or 3 Violation?

If reported by ATC on the Expert Server for an infraction you will be issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Violation. This may be appealed here on the Community Forum by sending a direct message to @appeals where you should provide your callsign, display name, location, details surrounding the report, and a replay file which can easily be uploaded here!

31 Likes

this is very nice

1 Like

Thanks Tyler! Very happy that our event will have IFATC.

1 Like

Airport: San Diego International (KSAN)
3D Buildings: No
Open Frequencies: Ground, Tower, ATIS

Active Runway(s): DEP/LDG 27
Required Procedures: N/A
Winds: 210@6KT as of 1828Z (2021-05-01T18:28:00Z)
Size Restrictions: N/A
Light Aircraft: Yes
Pattern Work: Yes, expect left traffic
Other NOTAMs: N/A

All information current, reflected in ATIS B. Information subject to change.

1 Like

Airport: Portland International Airport (KPDX)
3D Buildings : No
Open Frequencies: Ground, Tower, ATIS

Active Runway(s): DEP 28L 28R/LDG 28L 28R
Required Procedures: N/A
Winds: 300@7KT as of 1945Z (2021-05-01T19:45:00Z )
Size Restrictions: N/A
Light Aircraft : Yes
Pattern Work : Yes
Other NOTAMs: Event @ 2021-05-01T20:00:00Z

All information current, reflected in ATIS C. Information subject to change.
1 Like

Airport: Burbank Bob Hope (KBUR)
3D Buildings: No
Open Frequencies: Ground, Tower, ATIS (@Thunderbolt); Approach, Departure (@Ethan_Hansen)

Active Runway(s): DEP 15, LDG 8
Required Procedures: SID OROSZ2, SLAPP2; STAR JANNY5, ROKKR2, THRNE3
Winds: 190@7KT as of 1727Z (2021-05-02T17:27:00Z)
Size Restrictions: Maximum aircraft size 757/767/MD-11
Light Aircraft: Yes
Pattern Work: Yes
Other NOTAMs: N/A

All information current, reflected in ATIS B. Information subject to change.

1 Like

KNUQ is open if anyone wants some military action!

Airport: KSNA – John-Wayne (Closed)
Open Frequencies: CLOSED
Active Runways: 20R and 20L

Size Restriction: Maximum Aircraft Size B738/A321 due to taxiways and runway length (5700’). Any aircraft larger than this WILL NOT receive a taxi or landing clearance.

Pattern Altitude:
Piston Aircraft - 1,000MSL
TurboProp/TurboJet Aircraft - 1,500MSL

Transition Altitude: 3,000MSL or higher

See ATIS for airfield information

Come stop by for patterns, or perhaps depart VFR and navigate the LAX class bravo. Maybe IFR is more your speed? My personal favorites are the RNAV Z 20R from KLEVR, the full ILS20R approach from SLI, and the FINZZ3 SID :P The choice is yours!

1 Like

Thank you for opening. Really cool parallel approach with me and the jet.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed that! :D :D Thank you so much for stopping by!!

We have KASE TGA and APP/DEP open! Terrible weather currently! Would be a challenge to fly the ILS for 15 if anyone is up for it!

I think I’ll try it! I’ll will be departing from DEN shortly

1 Like

If anybody has some spare time please control my event 29MAY21 / 2000Z - The Great GA fly out @ KADS

1 Like

If you send it to the thread closer to the date of departure I am sure someone would be more than happy to open up.

Hey just wondering if anyone is planning to open KSFO later today? Im around 2hrs away from TOD :)

1 Like

KVNY and KSNA are open! Great opportunity to fly some GA around the area, maybe approach will let you fly the LAX transition 👀

IFATC needed at Houston (KIAH), ASAP. A lot of planes inbound and need vectors.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 2.57.54 PM

Looks like it’s a VA/VO group flight. Considering some of the pilots involved are longtime community members and IFATC members, I think it’ll be fine. Thanks for the concern, though.

1 Like

No problem.

Hey everyone just wanted to say that for the next few weeks I’ll be hanging out at KSEA for controlling on the expert server. It’s a really great airport and I think it’s very underrated. There are some great potential routes to fly (LAX CYVR SFO PHNL PHTO BOS JFK MIA to name a few). Just wanted to let everyone know incase you find that LAX and SFO are not staffed. Come on down to Seatac for some great service!

4 Likes