US East | Region Tracking Topic

US East Region

This IFATC region represents the east coast of the United States along with the Caribbean. It features some of the most complex and congested airspaces in the world at places like New York and Atlanta!

Check the topic comments below to see what frequencies are being staffed by ATC in this region, important airport information, and more!

STAFFED EVENTS

Do you want IFATC to staff your event? Publish your event in the #live:events category, ensure you use the correct region tag for your event’s location, and a member assigned to the ATC region will express their team’s intent to provide services for your event.

EVENTS:

FAQ

What are ATC region assignments?

The Infinite Flight ATC (IFATC) team operates globally on the Expert Server using a region assignment program. This program allows all IFATC members to select a region, regardless of physical location, where they may control any airport/frequency for which their rank qualifies. Members will remain in their assigned region for 30 days before being eligible to transfer. Extended assignments allow for more ATC proficiency and familiarity in the assigned region!

How can I join IFATC?

Head to our ATC Recruiting Topic, read all instructions, ensure you meet the requirements, then submit an application to begin!

How does a "Region Tracking Topic" work?

Each assignable region of IFATC has it’s own tracking topic for improved ATC/pilot engagement which offers controllers an additional location to indicate which airports they’re opening in real-time. Controllers may advise when opening and closing by commenting on this topic. Pilots should avoid commenting with excessive ATC requests.

How can I see the current IFATC region staffing?

The number of controllers assigned to each region can be found by visiting if-atc.com/stats. Looking for more ATC in a particular region? Join the effort and become part of the staffing you want to see!

Do I need Staff/Moderator permission to receive IFATC staffing at my event?

No, members of the assigned region are encouraged to comment directly on the published #live:events to express their team’s intent to provide ATC services! Event creators should avoid contacting individual controllers privately for service, instead publishing the event publicly.

How can I improve the likelihood of ATC staffing my event?

When creating an event with ATC in mind ensure the following:

• The featured airports have ATC frequencies
  • The featured airports has ample parking and ramp space
  • The featured theme would be complimented by ATC (airshows and landing competitions are often best without ATC on the Casual Server)
  • The event offers a variety of airports in reasonable proximity to allow for a smooth flow of Air Traffic
  • Event instructions are clear, concise, and not overly restrictive
How can I appeal my Level 2 or 3 Violation?

If reported by ATC on the Expert Server for an infraction you will be issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Violation. This may be appealed here on the Community Forum by sending a direct message to @appeals where you should provide your callsign, display name, location, details surrounding the report, and a replay file which can easily be uploaded here!

52 Likes

You all know that you’ll see me at EWR 24/7. 😉

Jk. That’s not allowed anymore. :(

Super excited for the new region policy to take effect, Tyler! It’s been amazing to see IFATC’s growth. I am definitely looking forward to the future!

10 Likes

Good morning :)

New chapter has begun :), Thank you US East Controllers.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! The US East team will be staffing as many Florida airports as possible this afternoon to go along with the theme of Spirit Virtual’s event. Come on by as some of us are already opening!

5 Likes

I’m excited to finally see this new system be used for regular events! Can’t wait to get controlling at FLL!

1 Like

With the event starting in just under 30 minutes, we can’t wait to see everyone there:

Current Staffed Frequencies:

Miami & Jacksonville Center: @Rhys_V (Streaming at https://twitch.tv/rowen_2005 )
Fort Lauderdale Tower and Ground: @Eric_Dedicke
Fort Lauderdale Approach, Departure, and ATIS: @Rob_M
Tampa Ground, Tower, and ATIS: @Steven_Tellmann

MCO GTS is soon to be staffed, enjoy the event and services!

5 Likes

Hello Community!

I’ve opened my home airport and workplace, KLBE. Aka Arnold Palmer Regional, this airport currently has one commercial operator, Spirit Airlines. Most of the traffic is general aviation and charter flights, although in 2019 the airport served over 300,000 passengers.

Airlines: Spirit (A319’s , A320’s, occasionally A321’s in summer months)

Gates: 2

Destinations: Fort Myers KRSW, Orlando KMCO, Myrtle Beach KMYR, Fort Lauderdale KFLL, Tampa KTPA

Staffing: 2021-05-02T01:00:00Z2021-05-02T03:00:00Z

Size restrictions: Nothing larger than a A321

Current ATIS: Latrobe airport, ATIS information CHARLIE, time 0245 ZULU, Wind 190 at 12 Visibility 10, Temperature 15, Dew Point -2, Altimeter 2987. Landing Runway 24, Departing Runway 24. Notams, aircraft size restrictions in effect. Advise on initial contact, you have information CHARLIE.

6 Likes

Hey community. Just wanted to let people know I’m currently open at KROC. Thought I’d make this announcement because it’s not typically opened. Should be on for a while!

Well, Atlanta currently isn’t living up to its name… currently only 4 arrivals and 0 departures :(

Feel free to stop by! I’ll be open (GND, TWR, ATIS) for another 47 minutes.

2 Likes

Now closed. Thank you!

Tampa International Airport Open

Top 5 Airlines:

1. Southwest Airlines
  2. Delta Airlines
  3. American Airlines
  4. United Airlines
  5. Spirit Airlines

Top Domestic Destinations:

1. Atlanta, Georgia
  2. Charlotte, North Carolina
  3. Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
  4. Chicago-O’Hare, Illinois
  5. Denver, Colorado.

Top International Destinations

1. Toronto-Pearson, Canada
  2. London-Gatwick, UK
  3. Frankfurt, Germany
  4. Havana,Cuba
  5. Panama City, Panama

Notams

1. Pattern work at ATC discretion
  2. RWY 19L is noise sensitive to TBTJ departures. Noise abatement procs in effect. Only aircraft with prior permission may use.

** Staffing:**
Ground | Tower | ATIS : @Ebud779
Approach | Departure: @Zachary_Naponic
Miami Center : N/A

5 Likes

Hi, is it possible I could get someone to staff my event. I’m looking for a ground and tower controller but a departure controller would be cool also! 22MAY21/ 1800 ZULU-The Great KPIT Fly-Out

It may be possible. I will inform the controllers in our region to see if can be staffed. I myself, would love to open since it’s one of my home airports!

1 Like

Thanks thats greatly appreciated, it’s also my home airport!

1 Like

Very neat!

1 Like

I’ll add on that the US east team is constantly in touch with future events and planning on staffing. As long as you have the #us-east tag included, it is added to our list!

1 Like

Yeah I think that tags on mine!

KORD will be open using west flow procedures for the next two hours 2021-05-05T14:08:00Z2021-05-05T16:00:00Z

1 Like

Boston Logan and Sarasota Badenton Event Today! (1800-2000Z)

Hello Community!
Today, we’ve decided to open up two East Coast favorites for some summer vibes. KSRQ and KBOS are open for your flying pleasure! Whether you decide fly from the Bay State to the Sunshine State, vice versa, or locally around either airport, we invite you to come check out some of the awesome oceanic scenery each has to offer.

Carriers

Jetblue: A321 - Service was delayed due to pandemic but will reopen this fall :)
Allegiant Airlines: A320

Other Popular Routes

KBOS - KJFK - Delta Connection CRJ7 ~ 1.15 hrs
KSRQ - KIAH - United Express E170 ~ 2.30 hrs
KMIA - KBOS - American B738 ~ 3.00 hrs
KCVG - KSRQ - Frontier A320 ~ 2.15 hrs

Frequencies

KBOS
Ground: @BostonStrongWill
Tower: @BostonStrongWill
Atis: @BostonStrongWill

Northern centers provided by @RadarVectors_Mumbai

KSRQ
Ground: @Ebud779
Tower: @Ebud779
Atis: @Ebud779
Approach: @Zachary_Naponic
Departure: @Zachary_Naponic

please remember that this list is subject to change and that no controllers may reserve frequencies.

Notams
  • Patternwork at controller’s discretion
  • SID’s and STAR’s are recommended for max traffic flow.
  • Using the 4’s/9 at Boston
  • Using 14 at Sarasota
    Runways and Notams are subject to change

Time: 2021-05-05T18:00:00Z2021-05-05T20:00:00Z

We look to be open longer and throughout the evening, but cannot guarantee.

Come join us in the skies for some good fun! Boston and Sarasota are calling your name!

5 Likes

Looking forward to flying in to Boston from O’Hare!

3 Likes