US Air Force finds way to get pilots

As the pilot shortage is now hitting everyone the US Air Force is in desperate need of pilots.
The Air Force is introducing an aviation only career.

3 Likes

Wow mate thank you very much! I’ve been trying to find a good way to join into the Air Force, and you have given me some good news! Thanks and cheers!

3 Likes

This will make alot of officers I know very happy that at a certain rank they will not have to go fly desks.

4 Likes

I think they should establish a Warrant officer program.

1 Like

Good luck joining the Air Force!

1 Like

Thank you! I will try my best to get in.

2 Likes

I know right, all the other branches have them. I want to make 2nd LT’s salute me lol.

1 Like

I should re up and go be a Chief… lol

3 Likes

Well I wouldn’t really say that we need it; there is ROTC after all.

1 Like

While ROTC is a great way commission, warrants don’t commission. They are a specialized person. Let’s say I was a warrant 1 and you were a 2LT, we both fly the Apache’s cause we’re cool. Years come I promote to CW3 and you’re a Major, the Military goes “Major we have a new aircraft for you, here’s your desk you’ll fly it more then the Apache” they come to me and say “who are you? Go back doing whatever you do”

1 Like

Yeah I guess your right. This would benefit the Air Force by adding more pilots. I was just thinking about authority. But they both order enlisted personnel. The only difference is the non-commissioned officers get orders from commissioned officers. So you would be correct in that case, but the tax money to set up the new program wouldn’t be too great for the middle/lower classes.

1 Like

Warrants are officers and you still respect them as such. NCOs still are given orders by Warrants.
Tax wise it might be cheaper if I recall right Warrants don’t make the same pay as a commission.

1 Like

If you meant the taxes for the officers, then yes you are right. I just meant for the people to pay for the new program. :)

And yes they would still respect each other, it’s just commissioned officers can order non-commissioned officers.

Yep that’s what I mean too lol the schooling would probably cost the same as setting up the NCO Academy(if the Air Force has one)

1 Like

It could. But I could support a new warrant officer program. ;)

1 Like

Lol I would totally support Air Force Warrants, and the Army flying the A10 ;) lol

1 Like

Nah m8, the F-22 is the way to go.

Warrants and F22s don’t mix now the A10 yes lol

The A-10 is the only reason to join the USAF.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind flying P8’s for the first few years. I’m planning to use the Air Force as a pathway to commercial piloting.

1 Like