UPS Virtual "Hot Spare Program" Recruitment Event @ KSDF - 021700ZJUN18

UPS Virtual Airlines Presents…

Fun%20(1)

UPS Virtual’s Main Thread

Event Description

Due to a perfect storm of circumstances such as weather events, maintenance issues and an ill pilot, UPSVA is facing the potential for millions of dollars in lost revenue. The clock is ticking and hundreds of thousands of packages need to be delivered on time to keep UPSVA customers happy. Please join us as our “Hot Spare Program” is launched to get these important packages to their final destinations on time. This event will feature two different routes getting packages to two of our major hubs to continue on their journey to their final destination. The purpose of this event is to recruit new pilots to help us with this program.

What is the Hot Spare Program?

Every night, UPS designates 14 different planes at 7 hub airports to be spare aircraft ready to launch at anytime, known as hot-spares. The flight crew will preflight the empty aircraft and then wait to be launched to a gateway to rescue stranded packages, and then return flight back to a hub for sorting. Most commonly hot-spares are launched because of an aircraft mechanical issue, additional volume, or weather. Once the call is made to launch a hot-spare, the aircraft needs to be in the air within 30 minutes or less to assure the packages will make service the next day. In 2014, UPS launched 275 hot spares, recovering 1.5 million packages for about $32 million in revenue and a 90 percent effective on-time delivery rate.
Learn More!

Event Details

Available Routes: (To Be Assigned by UPSVA Staff Member)

Route A

Louisville, KY [KSDF] – Miami, FL [KMIA]
(2 hours, 10 minutes - 835nm)

Route B

Louisville, KY [KSDF] – Dallas, TX [KDFW]
(1 hour, 50 minutes - 734nm)

Server:
Expert Server

Date:
2nd of June, 2018

Start Time:
1700Z (Please spawn in 15 minutes before event)

Zulu Time Conversion Chart

Flight Details

Air Frame: MD-11F, 757 or A330 in UPS a livery
Cruise: FL350 @M0.85
Flight Plans:
[KSDF - KMIA] - Departure on Runway 17L
Flight Plan: R0690 PARCL UNDOZ NEYIT HCH SARGE 2983N ZABQO 2681N VICUV FEMSO KMIA
[KSDF - KDFW] - Departure on Runway 17R
Flight Plan: R0546 CRDNL ABBEY VUSWO DUNLE HAGRI JOBOK CEKOX ZALUN BEFME ODPEE YOHAN GOPGE KDFW

Gate and Route Assignments (More can be added!)

[KSDF-KMIA] Cargo 212: @karl_iszler
[KSDF-KMIA] Cargo 211: @ShadowOutlaw
[KSDF-KMIA] Cargo 210: @DaYooper
[KSDF-KMIA] Cargo 209: @Hockeyman_02
[KSDF-KMIA] Cargo 208: @Callum_Brough1
[KSDF-KMIA] Cargo 206: @Lars

[KSDF-KDFW] Cargo 200: @Shrek1
[KSDF-KDFW] Cargo 201: @kudzuchimp
[KSDF-KDFW] Cargo 202: @FDemon
[KSDF-KDFW] Cargo 203: @CaptainDavid
[KSDF-KDFW] Cargo 204: @AsternDestroyer
[KSDF-KDFW] Cargo 205: @ADDY28
[KSDF-KDFW] Cargo 213:

NOTAMS

• A UPSVA staff member will assign you your gate and route.
  • Please depart out of your assigned runway.
  • Please maintain 10-20NM from the aircraft ahead of you throughout the flight.
  • Pilots are expected to conduct themselves professionally for the duration of the event. This includes being courteous to fellow pilots during taxi, maintaining proper spacing in flight, and following ATC instruction should there be ATC available.
  • Participants who also apply for a position with UPS Virtual after the event will receive 3 additional bonus hours tagged onto their flight time after acceptance into the airline

Join UPSVA

Become a part of IF’s premier cargo VA. UPS Virtual Airlines offers a professional environment in which pilots can learn, improve on, and master their flying skills. It is built on the idea that pilots in Infinite Flight should be allowed to fly wherever and whenever they please, allowing absolute freedom. You choose your own adventure! Unlike the majority of Infinite Flight’s virtual airlines, pilots who are hired to fly for UPS Virtual are immediately granted permission to fly on any of our established routes using any aircraft; there is no hierarchy of pilot privileges!

New recruits will receive 3 additional hours of flight time upon applying and being accepted into the airline, potentially allowing the pilot to receive an immediate promotion to the Trainee rank. Current UPSVA pilots will also receive 3 additional hours to their stats.

Join our amazing team today!

*The UPS Virtual Airline is a simulated, fictional creation intended for use by a special interest group within the Infinite Flight community and in no way represents the actions, opinions, or ideas of the real-world airline. Any and all logos, rights, intellectual property, and copyrighted materials associated with the UPS website, services, or brand belong to their respective owners. Creators of the UPS Virtual Airline intend for it to be used for fun simulation and have no interest in earning profits over the matter. After multiple attempts at contact with UPS, elements of the UPS brand that are contained within the Virtual Airline have not been used with expressed permission from representatives of UPS.

3 Likes

Count me in and write me in for a gate, please!

2 Likes

We’ll have you flying to KMIA from Cargo211!

2 Likes

Sadly, I think I’m gonna have to miss this one. Don’t think I can make it that day :(

That’s unfortunate :( Let us know if something changes!

I’ll take a gate please

2 Likes

Awesome! We’ll have you at Gate 201 to DFW

2 Likes

I’ll take a gate as well.

3 Likes

Gate 210 to Miami for you, boss!

2 Likes

Ah, fun in the sun. (random jabber to meet 20 character limit.)

3 Likes

Let’s keep filling these gates! Should be a great group event.

1 Like

Would love to join! Can I get a gate for KSDF-KMIA please! This is Capt. Nathan btw! Lol

3 Likes

Nice event. May I take this route please?

2 Likes

Gate 209 for you! Glad to have you with us

2 Likes

Of course :) Gate 202 is all yours!

3 Likes

I would love to join!! Please put me in an A330.

2 Likes

Cargo 203 to Dallas is all yours!

1 Like

50/50 chance I’ll make it, can I still get a gate?

1 Like

About one week left to sign up and be a part of a great event with an even better VA.

1 Like

Sure. You’ll be taking Cargo208 to MIA!

1 Like