Updates to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for the Infinite Flight app. These changes are to reflect the removal of Facebook and Google sign up support in the app and a greater focus on privacy.

App Changes

Previously, a Facebook or Google account was required to sign up for Infinite Flight Pro. In 2020, we removed the option for new registrations with these providers, and new accounts are now linked to your App Store/Google Play purchase receipt (this data does not let us personally identify you).

There is an optional setting to link your Infinite Flight Community (forum) account, at which point we will store and process your username and email address. This can be unlinked at any time.

Our updated Terms of Service and Privacy Policy now reflect these changes.

Community Forum Changes

Our Infinite Flight Community Terms and Privacy Policy have not changed at this time.

Removing Facebook login

As part of our greater focus on privacy, we are streamlining our login and sign up options on the Infinite Flight Community. Starting on 2022-03-17T00:00:00Z , we will be removing the option to login or sign up with Facebook.

If you use Facebook to login to the IFC, we recommend your email is up-to-date and your account has a password set so you can still log in. You can do this by going to “Preferences” under your profile page.

Alternatively, you can sign out, select “I forgot my password” and enter your email address to recover your account.

Let us know if you have any questions about this change.

129 Likes

I think facebook should be removed from the internet as a whole, so glad to hear that the first steps are already being taken. First time in a long time when a privacy policy change actually is about privacy

70 Likes

Awesome, thanks !

3 Likes

It’s been our focus for a while, Facebook and Google sign in inside the app has been optional since around 2017. We also removed their respective SDKs too from the app and replaced it with web-based sign in so we could have more control over this.

We don’t need to collect any more data than we need to run the service :)

20 Likes

Does this affect when you log into your account when you change a device from ios to android for example?

1 Like

Google Sign up was kinda convinient actually

2 Likes

The only supported way of doing this is with your Infinite Flight Community account - you have linked yours, so you login with this account on any iOS or Android device to recover your subscription and stats

3 Likes

If only every company thought this way. 🥱

7 Likes

So basically if we don’t do the password thing we will lose the account? (I have one but it’s never used)

You won’t lose the account, you can always recover it by resetting your password. If you ever have issues, you can contact support via email too and we can help recover the account :)

1 Like

Great job ! ! !

Nice! Thanks!

I do the tour of the world

hello guys i flew 100hours but how can i go to pro servers?

Am sorry to tell u that Snapchat is also owned by Meta 😬😬😬

As a whole FB should be removed from the Interweb as only moms who drive Honda Civics have it but other than that I approve of this as Google has been a popular way of logging into pretty much anything

1 Like

And Instagram.

1 Like

Nowhere I could find any information to back up this statement. Snapchat is not owned by Meta/Facebook from what I have researched.

Who Owns Snapchat? - We Got This Covered

Who Owns Snapchat? (Everything To Know) (thecoldwire.com)

3 Likes

No, it isn’t. From what I checked from a few sources it isn’t.

Then report me for misleading information am sorry 😭