Updated Libyan Flag

I was trying out the Libyan Airlines A320 just now when I realized that by the registration, the flag pictured was the old flag from the Qaddafi period. While a solid green rectangle on the fuselage looks pretty cool, I think that it needs an update to the modern Libyan flag:

Source:

I honestly think this is so small that it’s not really needed.

1 Like

The difference is?!?!

3 Likes

Post-Qaddafi
Pre-Qaddafi

1 Like

Everyone is so crazy about realism so…

Well, this barely makes a difference. Not trying to be rude, but I honestly think that you can barely tell the difference, if there even is one.

You’re right, this barely makes a difference.

But I’m sure that if for whatever reason, the United States would change their flag, we would have tons of feature requests here to adapt the change.

Personally, I think it’s a valid request. I’m not going to vote, because I don’t have any votes left, but I see the point of changing it.

11 Likes

Kinda a big deal for people who live in that country

11 Likes

Who the heck is Qaddafi? I think you mean Muammar Gaddafi, former dictator of Libya

1 Like

I don’t think “making a difference” has anything to do with this it’s a national flag and we have to respect the country I don’t think this is even supposed to be requested ( The people who are supposed to keep the game up with the modern world should take care of this) it has nothing to do with realism as well. We have to respect one’s country and their national flag just like we respect ours so I humbly respect the community members please don’t say that it won’t make a difference. Thank you 😄👍

6 Likes

I rarely see anyone flying around the Libyan airline and thus it’s one the most underrated in IF. But for those flying this airliner, this would make a huge difference and a appreciated change for those people. And honestly i does make difference. Maybe because it isn’t your country doesn’t mean you can cast it aside and not care about it.

The flag is vastly different now from before and a update to it in IF wouldn’t hurt rather heal this minor issue. This is a reasonable request my opinion.

And guys, let’s stay away from turning this topic into a political hotcake. Since this country is a sensitive topic to talk about so let’s keep it at the flag and nothing more!

4 Likes

Meeeep. The original Arabian version of the name is Muʿammar al-Qaddhāfī. “Gadaffi”, with a G, is the version adapted to our Roman/Latin alphabet.

But enough with our general knowledge lessons. :)

As I said, this change doesn’t have a huge impact on the game, but it has one of the people coming from this country. If this would be Germany, the US, or Canada, a lot of people would request the change. But Libya is a country as well, so it has a significant importance to the users coming from there.

4 Likes

I’m sure you’d have an issue if the American flag on all the airframes happened to be the one during the British occupation. Or even a certain flag from WW2.
Countries do change for good reasons, changing the flag isn’t common, but sometimes it’s for the best. :)

2 Likes

Well said, since in Arabic it’s pronounced “Khadafi” with a K H A type of sound. And not GA!

Anyways back to topic.

1 Like

I think this thread could possibly need closing before it becomes a heated topic for politics and gets out of hand.

4 Likes

We can keep it on track. No need to mention any further about anything political or politically related!

3 Likes

Mate your source shouldn’t be exactly the same picture…

2 Likes

Ok I’m just asking where the difference is. I’m not trying to be rude but I don’t see one. Can someone please point it out?

I actually wouldn’t because it’s a small change, but I understand what he’s getting at.

To me this is not big enough to give up a vote, but here’s to hoping you all get your flag cleared up…