As the shark from Nemo once said,
Fish are friends, not food.
WOW Air will begin transporting fish and other goods before passengers.
- After scheduled flights were set to begin this October, but operations were delayed by two months, WOW Air has now switched to offering cargo services only.
The airline will initially focus on cargo transport rather than passenger transport. Operations will begin with two planes transporting fish and other goods, and will expand based on demand. The airline aims to eventually offer regular passenger flights to mainland Europe.
- The airline’s first flights will transport cargo between Keflavík and Washington
We’ve got another round of news surrounding a possible return of WOW Air after its collapse this past March…
- USAerospace Associates LLC bought the remains of the airline.
- Inaugural flight will be between Reykjavik (KEF) and Washington (IAD).
- They will have 2 unnamed aircraft to start, they’ll add 4 next year, and will have up to 10-12.
- Mix of Boeing/Airbus aircraft.
- Plans to focus on cargo as well, specifically Icelandic fish exports.
- They want to have a lounge at KEF and use biometrics to speed up boarding.
- They claim the brand isn’t damaged.