Update to fix issues creates new ones

Yo what’s the deal with IF pushing out new fixes that create new problems recently? Like don’t they run tests before they release it? I know they so so don’t come after me for that but honestly it looks like the tests are not extensive enough. Are some of the updates/ hotfix rushed? Also are they testing on devices that their users are using or the newest technology making it so only people who can afford the newest things can play IF properly, creating an elite of people?
It’s just disappointing to see the small trend that’s starting to come from the updates.

3 Likes

While, what are they supposed to do? Stay in the past? and not fix issues with their game? That’s an easy way to ruin a game and the community they built. Old devices struggle. Because they’re old. The processing power and all their components are outdated. They’re not going to stay in the past. They’re going to go to the future. And old devices will struggle. Nothing is rushed. Bugs can come out of nowhere, everything can be perfect and then released and then all of a sudden there’s an unknown bug that can be caused by many things. Hope this cleared it up for you.

3 Likes

They run endless amount of tests, have lots of beta testers, but with lots of new code, there is bound to be a few bugs. Basically you can either choose between not getting updates or dealing with a few bugs in exchange for all the great things the development team gives us for a low price.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello there! this is just a process of trial and error. You cannot surely pick out every bug that remains even after all the BETA testing that IF run. Also, reliant on community members to report them to developers. In addition all apps have errors and bugs. I mean look at what the fantastic developers have already given us!
Thanks

2 Likes

This community is to live in harmony, I know, but, with all due respect, you are out of place. Infinite Flight does more tests than you imagine and does what it can. I invite you to try to do the hard collective work that they do to see if you can achieve it. Again, it is not to fight, but I think it’s stupid to discuss “errors” (because any app from IF to, I do not know, Instagram, have errors) that are common.

2 Likes

There’s also only so much the Devs can do during testing and the real test is whether it will work when rolled out to everyone after is is extensively beta tested. Many other apps have a lot of bugs when a new update is rolled out and this is just a part of the way things work. IF is also becoming more advanced (working instruments, interior veiws, etc.) and, as it becomes more advanced, there is garunteed be more bugs, as a lot of things being added are brand new.

2 Likes

While I do not obtain the necessary skills to develop an app at this level. Now I could very much join them in the testing but as you may or may not know that’s not something one can just join. Also the bugs have been quite obvious, screens in the x-cub flickering, lines going through mountains etc. So I don’t understand how all the unimaginable tests missed that when I caught it in 15 minutes.

Because bugs can happen. Regardless. If you look at every other major game developer. Their massive games. Have many bugs. And they have more people building the update/game. And testing. And yet bugs still happen. IF has a small team of developers/testers. Bugs are bound to happen. nothing is perfect.

1 Like

Those are things we are aware of and considered not a showstopper for this release since it doesn’t happen on all devices (for the flickering issue; not 100% sure what you are referring to with the other one)

Some bugs are harder than others and in a complex code base like IF, any change might have unforeseen consequences on another system that only trigger in a very special set of conditions that regular tests can’t catch.
Add to that the wide variety of devices IF has to run with, the unreliability of some ISP that cause multiplayer issues and also outages from service providers, you can probably understand why issues fall through the cracks.

We absolutely understand the frustration and apologize if you are having a sub-par experience from what you expected. We work tirelessly (even Sundays ;p) to provide you with a great flight simulation experience on mobile but we surely are a small team and definitely not perfect so things will break from time to time; we will continue improving though.

Cheers

26 Likes

I repeat, the bugs have all the apps, even the best ones. If you are bothered by these “big and obvious” errors, uninstall the app. Oh, for sure, before you say that what you say is a “constructive criticism” for IF to improve, if you want to make a constructive criticism, put it in “Characteristics” and put one by one those errors that bother you so much. Greetings.

1 Like

Ok so basically what you’re saying is I all apps have bugs which means I shouldn’t be annoyed right? And if I am I should just quit the game, uninstall it, waste $90.
I have the right to be unsatisfied with the updates without having the assumption that I hate the game. It is constructive criticism and one cannot put all the errors in a characteristics box as that would just be pushing the problem aside. Which would be even worse as that would later be transferred to one of the characteristics of the developing team. This my only way of letting them know what I feel about the game and I think that it’s good for the community and the developers to get some criticism and not all positive feedback.
Respectfully I’d like to move on

1 Like

Indeed you have the right to be unsatisfied with the updates especially with quite some hot fixes coming earlier.
But at the same time making an aircraft that has all those latest and coolest features takes time to be fully polished. I wouldn’t say that Infinite Flight is perfect, there are definitely different little bugs here and there, but at the end of the day the hard work goes to the developers, as they have to investigate, update, monitor.
So it is fine to leave constructive feedback regarding the simulator, but please don’t assume that the developers don’t run tests or take the updates seriously.

Rant On What’s with everyone and this self entitlement? I pay blah blah blah so you better do this. Life isn’t perfect, IF isn’t perfect, but considering the amount of code, processes, and the fact that you are running a simulator ON MOBILE hardware, is alone enough to cut them some slack. Go to X-Plane and you’ll find hundreds of bugs and glitches in the first 15 minutes on a desktop. I have spent over 280 hours of my life flying this game and I enjoy every minute. Maybe you should take a seat and enjoy what you have. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people who fly an infinite number of variables at any given moment. A single missed placed “1” could mean all the difference.

IF is pushing things out faster now because of X-Plane and their impending summer update. They have to stay current and push for things everyone wants. It’s supply and demand. Rant off

To put it simply…

11 Likes

It’s coding, some lines won’t work or try to overtake another line, and thus bugs get created there’s way more to it then that.

1 Like

Not what the message was at all, and we’ve all paid for the app.

I am cutting them some slack, but in order to help them improve they need some criticism so it doesn’t become a community where things are great regardless of what it is. And yes it is great that this game is on mobile and I do appreciate the work of the developers. As I said before this was not made to say I don’t like the game or don’t enjoy it it was to say that the recent updates have been, in my opinion, a little off.

No because it’s not good to have a all-round positive community. Btw that sounds like Stalin.

2 Likes

I think they do take it seriously but I have to say some of the bugs and problems were like right there. I didn’t look for them I just found them while I was trying to do a normal flight. I’m sure they run a lot of different tests.

I feel the frustration when you pay for something and you didn’t exactly get what you deserved, different devices handle the simulator differently, so their tests results might not apply to every single device out there, especially android

1 Like

¡Perfect! It’s just what I wanted to say.

1 Like

My answer is in what the partner said @iOS_Aviator. But I repeat, it is my opinion, if you say that this is a constructive criticism, it is fine, like the developers receive negative reviews, but it is not necessary to think that they do not try it or that the tests are not good enough.

1 Like