Update problem

Hello guys…
I’m really really disappointet. I looking forward to the new update/hotfix and thought that everything would finally work again. But thought wrong. Now the entire tablet crashes and has to be restarted.

Jerome

2 Likes

This is a known issue and the developers are looking into it! 🙂

I am also experiencing this issue. I haven’t completed a flight ever since v-20.1 was released.

2 Likes

I was going to say. It is better but still got some major lag at times! Good to know @Kuba_Jaroszczyk Thanks!

I’ve completed a few flights. Mine weren’t into busy IFATC airspaces though.

I’m doing one right now and it started out really busy. Are you on iOS device with a home button? If you are, hold down your power button until you see the “Slide to power off” switch come up. Then, hold the home button until the passcode keyboard thing comes up. This is called a “soft restart” and should help avoid crashes.

Should everyone like you and me who haven’t been able to play the update after a week get refunds for this month?

1 Like

As a general rule of thumb, as the app continues to get more and more sophisticated and graphically demanding, I suggest just stop flying to IFATC featured airports, which tend to get extremely busy at peak hours.

At least for me, this is a good solution because I am definitely, what you call, a realism police, so with such astronomical traffic levels, IFATC never administer realistic procedures. Sure it has gone up quite a lot since this update, however, I still find it to be very inaccurate and quite frankly, not to my liking.

Its happening everywhere. Trust me itll get resolved asap they are doing there best to patch this and we will roam the skies crash free🙂

2 Likes

I know that the devolpers are working hard on this. But it is still annoying when everything immediateley crashes.

J.

I don’t want a refound. When the game is running l’m happy…

J.

I trust you and wait again…

J.

1 Like

No, samsung android tablet. And before the update everything was fine.

J.

Would like to point this out. I always restart my device before flight, set the graphics to medium and low, anti aliasing off, airplane count NONE and hide airspaces in the Navigation map. This happens everywhere. No matter how many aircraft and wether there is IFATC or not.

I personally believe this issue is device related… I have completed over 4 10+ hour longhauls and some shorthauls. I am still on a flight from a busy KORD heading to RJTT…I have not experienced and single lag or crash since 20.1 was released. My settings are all high except for Limit Frame rate. I use an iPad Pro 2nd Gen before take off I ensure that only IF is running except occasionally IF Assistant. So I would recommend people look keenly into their device specs and the kind of processors they have/ as been alluded to here. That’s just my take. FYI I have not even updated the hot fix yet…Will do when I land.

1 Like

Before the update l had no problems with the samsung android tab…

J.

1 Like

this isnt uncommon, but how old is your tablet?

Same here… I’ll try again…

I wish we could go back to pre 19.4 when old devices could do ultra long hauls, I feel your pain(the person who made this topic). I too was going to do a long haul and my device crashed at least before the hotfix I actually got in the air.

1 Like

hi i recently updated my infinite flight to 20.1 upon doing this i realised that when i went to fly online my rank was grade 1 when i was a grade 3 before the update, i deleted infinte flight temporarly to conserve space prior to the update on my device, as i said before when i got back in to the game after updating all my landings and hours were gone, everything was reset even my call sign, id realllllly like to know how i could get back my stats on infinite flight as i am desperate to fly with pro pilots please and thank you : ) .

That is 2yrs. old. And as l said, there was no problem before the update.

J.

i see, they will fix it :)