Update Priorities

Soon™️ is the term to stick to on this one 🙂

For the 777 or the other stuff I mentioned?

There’s answers to literally everything in your topic. Most of it available via the blog @ infiniteflight.com

Doing the 777 does not stop development on other things that will enable us to have lights, buildings etc etc.

4 Likes

When project metal comes they said that taxi way lights etc will come once that is out as they don’t have the software to add it at the moment

But why has it taken 5 years so far for the airports to be more detailed (with lights at least), sorry I’m being blunt but it’s been an issue for at least that long (as noted by the wildly popular feature request) and we pay plenty enough to be able to use the game realistically no matter the time of day. I understand performance issues and such but and you can link all the stuff you want but it boils down to the fact that it’s been half of the simulator’s life that this has been asked for, and other sims have found a way to do it. And the fact that work on the 777 and other planes doesn’t slow work on the airports just makes it worse that it has taken this long.

1 Like

Are you talking about the 777? Because it definitely hasn’t taken 5 years. And even if it did, the work the developers are doing for us should be viewed as something we’re privileged to have, not something that is expected. They are working very hard just to improve the game for everyone.

I’m talking about the airport stuff, not the 777

This is incredibly backwards, we pay for the game on a subscription basis, updates should be expected.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think it’s very productive to complain. I think we should be thankful for all of the amazing new features we’ve gotten recently like live cockpits in the A320 family, scenery in South America and Southeast Asia, and of course the wonderful A350!

Personally, I disagree but you’re entitled to your opinion. I’d also point out that we got 4 incredible updates last year, so I don’t see anything to complain about.

Because despite all these updates, it’s still unusable at night. Is it too much to ask to be able to taxi at night in a sim we pay upwards of $75 for each year?

2 Likes

I think what @C_hawk is trying to say is that updates need to be diversified? I’m not going to state my opinion, but I think that’s what he meant. Correct me if I’m wrong.

They are working on taxiway lights as mentioned before. Let’s think about all of the incredible things we get for that:

• Literally dozens of aircraft!
  • Hundreds of liveries!
  • Thousands of airports!
  • Beautiful scenery!
  • ATC services

Let’s be thankful instead of complaining! :D

2 Likes

It’s even more simple than that tbh, it comes down to the fact that airports are way too dark at night because there are no taxiway lights, and despite a feature request that has been popular for five years, there’s been no change.

2 Likes

I’d like to say that I feel your frustration… but on the other hand, I am not the developer, so what can I do about it really? They are and have done a tremendous job since the beginning. And to see where they have come from, and where they are now, it’s astonishing, especially with only a hand full of staff members. I do get frustrated sometimes with this sim, but I do honestly believe that they are putting their ALL into this project, and they want everything you mentioned.

1 Like

You would know the answer if you read what I previously linked. It’s all there.

7 Likes

Just going in circles