Update Priorities

Apologies if this has been covered previously but I have a question about the ways things have been prioritized in updates.
Why haven’t more lights been added to airports? (Yes I understand it would take some effort from the devs but hear me out) Taxiway lights and such would add so much realism to the game and fix the current problem of taxiing at night being next to impossible or very unenjoyable. I just don’t understand how reworking one variant of the 777 that already looks pretty realistic is more important than seeing the taxiways at night.
I understand that the dev team is pretty small or whatever but we pay an exorbitant price to play on global so it seems there should be at least some return there.
It’s just very frustrating to see this game stall after such vast improvements when global was released.
This is all also conveniently ignoring the fact that there are still no 3d buildings or objects to make an airport look the slightest bit more normal.

4 Likes

The best way to have your voice heard is to vote for them in #features. Vote here!

1 Like

Keep in mind that there are separate teams working on aircraft vs other features. Things like clouds and taxiway lights just take a lot longer. The devs have said they are working toward these features, just be patient:-)

Trust me I already have :)

This is my point tho, there are 1600+ votes on this yet we get a 777 rework…
And the 777 isn’t even the worst plane in the game by far

Community vote is of course what is looked at, but so is what we don’t have, and stuff that at this current time can physically be developed and implemented on your device. Your words and votes are being heard, but it’s a matter of demand vs reality.

Buildings for example. Possible? Yes. Would your device survive? Maybe if you had a garden shed and nothing else.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that some things are hard to do because IF is a mobile game. The developers are working on what they feel will improve the game at the moment.

What we don’t have is taxiway lights or 3d buildings, what we do already have is a 777

Taxi lights have been said to be in development. Lights and especially 3d objects take a massive toll on your device. Have a look at this. This is being g created so over time these things will be be able to make it tk your device.

1 Like

Also if we’re talking about what we don’t have, why rework the 777 when the MD80/90 family isn’t even in the game?

The 777 was decided by a community vote.

1 Like

Just to point out that the 777 rework has about double the amount as the Md80.

Is there a way u could link that vote I’d be interested to see it

Here you go:

3 Likes

Also see above

Not sure what u mean by this

Not fully sure what you mean… this isn’t the intention made by the OP.

The OP is referring to what should be looked at before one another, not when the update should be released.

3 Likes

I do have to point out that the -300ER was the most popular variant being flown yet they’re reworking the -200?

We’re doing all. Not only the -200.

7 Likes

The -200ER is a smaller, and much easier aircraft to work on. We all start on the small things in life. :)

I was unaware of this, I had only seen things about the -200 like in that Project Metal link someone posted above.