Update on metal

Hello, is there any update about metal project ?
Will we be able to see clouds soon ? thank you :)

also asking about seeing other players ground services (and adding tanker trucks) !

3 Likes

We will not get other clouds and GSE other than the cirrus cloud we currently have.

check out this stream. they talked about it for a bit.

2 Likes

We donโ€™t have any specifics to share just yet apart from what we discussed on the stream

For GSE for other players, this was a feature we wanted to include in 24.2 but delayed it to a future update as it needed some more work. That will come in the next round hopefully :)

21 Likes

Information compilation (from IF discord):

In the A380 preview stream Cam mentioned the new rendering engine, He once showed Dan the new graphic and Dan was like jaw-dropped.

From the information I gathered, the new graphic engine development is still in progress but itโ€™s nearly finished. The improved effect is already noticeable in dev builds. Current version is even compatible with the new graphic engine.

I hope we can see things coming together by the end of this year. Iโ€™m as excited as you are!

37 Likes

Fantastic, canโ€™t wait to see the end result!

1 Like

I see myself ๐Ÿ‘€

Thank you for your answers, they are nice to hear :)

So we will have better graphics?

Well, if you go up a few posts and see that Jason is describing the new graphics as โ€œINSANEโ€, Iโ€™d sayโ€ฆYes? ;)

2 Likes

Did they show that in A380 video ? If yes, can you share at what timestamp they were talking about. I cant find

It wasnโ€™t shown, as far as I can remember.
It must have been shown to Dan peer to peer.

3 Likes

It was not shown, but it was spoken of during the livestream.

1 Like

So itโ€™s just a new graphic engine no new weather implement or lights?

3 Likes

It lays down a foundation, without which those fancy new things wonโ€™t be possible.

3 Likes

Hopefully we get this update before the end of 2024. :)

4 Likes

Do you know the timestamp for that?

Getting thereโ€ฆ

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 18.13.03

22 Likes

27 Likes

๐Ÿ‘€Excited to see the game at the end of the year

1 Like

Bye far one of the best jokes Iโ€™ve seen in ages.

1 Like