Update of images of the globe

Is there any possibility that the IF team will update the image of the globe at least once a year? I would like to see some places that have no snow in the snowy IF, in winter!

Unfortunately this is not considered a priority and won’t be anytime soon.

Infinite Flight have to pay for every bit of global imagery from a third party source, as well as having to stream it onto the servers which is a gigantic amount of storage and money.

Doing this would massively reduce the budget/funding Infinite Flight have able to spend on new things (such as staff, engine sounds, various new features, liveries and maintaining Servers etc…)

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

Hmmm, got it!

1 Like

Maybe in a not so distant future where IF has more funds and staff we could see a update. But for now we got to enjoy what we got

2 Likes

Remember that it took something like three if not four years to get all the global scenery up to high resolution everywhere. Given that I don’t think many if any of the old limitations have been resolved I can’t imagine 2x a year refresh cycle is even close to feasible.

2 Likes

Yeah can’t Infinite Flight just get their own satellite 🙄

6 Likes

yea truth!

who knows in the future then

Where’s the space shuttle when you nee-… oh right.

3 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t be worth the investment of time and resources in my opinion. Anyways, the majority of these areas may only experience snowy conditions around 5% or less of the year. For a mobile simulator, unless varied conditions came with different seasons arrived in a future update, I think that what we have now will do fine. 👍

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.