Update issues due to layout changes! Don't report or ghost pilots for taxiing through grass or not being on the runway!

As you can see in this screenshot, the left aircraft is on a taxiway while the right aircraft is taxiing through the grass. However the left aircraft was warned to not taxi through the grass. A little later he disappeared.
I hope he wasn’t ghosted.
I guess the pilot of the left aircraft, like me is on iOS without the update, while the pilot of the right aircraft and the controller seem to be on Android, with the update.
We NEED the iOS update. The current situation is causing issues and probably unfair reporting and ghosting because of layout changes.
In this case it was at WNKK in the Singapore & Kuala Lumpur region, with ATC Bill Howard. I’ve seen it several times now in several regions.

Also when people are flying the new Dash 8, you can’t see them when you’re on iOS. You only see a floating tag. Taxiing behind “nothing” isn’t easy. :)

Hurry up Apple!!

11 Likes

Yes I agree, I noticed this when I was flying in Singapore Region a couple of days ago and saw some people taxing on the grass while it looked like I was on a taxiway. (I’m on iOS btw)

All IFATC members have been told to not ghost users for this reason.

9 Likes

That’s good to hear. I still heard warnings though, so…not a good situation.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

It was ATC Bill Howard at WMKK!

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Controllers will not ghost about this at this moment until the update is released, I think it was announced in our slack team a week or two ago.

1 Like

IFATC are aware of the difficulties that come with new updates. Of course we take that into account and try to be generous.

3 Likes