Update 20.1 Development Thread - Rolling Out Now!

It’s Vertical Navigation which Let’s you decend and climb at a waypoint, it’s very helpful.

2 Likes

Stepclimbs / descents will be so much more realistic now! Thanks IF Team!! :D

3 Likes

Thank you infinite flight for this new function

3 Likes

What does VNAV mean?

Scroll up and look at the above posts。

4 Likes

Look above in the thread but also Google can basically answer any question you have so dont be afraid of looking there either

Ok Thank You!

Looks like 20.1 will have plenty of gifts for sure. Really excited for the new VNAV feature.

3 Likes

Wait, so what will happen to those who bought the IF Assistant app? I use their VNAV feature to step climb currently?

Also, will this feature work with a similar UI as the IF Assistant app for ease of transitioning?

3 Likes

you mean IF - Assistant ??

1 Like

We don’t know exactly how VNAV will function - the tutorial will cover that…

Third party apps exist because some function was not present in the sim. As the sim evolves over time new features are added that help to close that development gap. It is something that the third party developers are aware of and can address with their own apps when the time comes.

14 Likes

Will the long haul crash be fixed in this update

They found the cause i believe i recall them saying, they havent metioned anything lately regarding that so you will have to wait for an official announcement regarding the fix for the LH app crashes

hopefully that gets fixed. So, with VNAV, and the new airspace boundaries

will the VNAV recognize this?

We cant share information other than what has been shared already. Just keep admiring Laura’s post and you guys will find out more information upon release.

31 Likes

I remember laura saying once about working on something that would make long hauls more fun. And there it is

3 Likes

Probably it’s going to be a one massive update while some features will be a surprise.

Last December’s update was a huge update. Possibly the largest update of 2019. The newly built Airbus A350 came along with the Cessna 172. This also included the TBM-930 Live Cockpit, new A320 liveries, new user interface, and a redrawn map. That was a lot of new features.

The upcoming 20.1 update could be similar. It might not just be the Boeing 777.

15 Likes

Finally we’re getting VNAV, can’t wait to use it!

3 Likes

The minimap seems to be way wider as well

22 Likes