Update 20.1 Development Thread - Rolling Out Now!

@anon57683537 the best you can do now is start a dm with everyone who’s helping, this is a 20.1 development thread, not a 19.4 update support database. ;)

1 Like

That’s a known issue. See here:

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/support-faq-19-4-please-read-this-before-posting/384749/2

Follow these steps to reduce chances of a crash

3 Likes

That wasn’t his point. His point is that given the situation with the crashes, he is concerned whether or not his device will be able to handle 20.1. He wasn’t asking for support on the crashes.

2 Likes

Now since this is a 20.1 update thread. Does anyone know anything about the SIDS and STARS?

SIDS and STARS were in the works of being implemented (at least in the US). However, it is unlikely that they will ship with this update. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Hello,
With the brand new update, I have a question with the new taxi way maps/diagram. Will/can the new taxi way diagram be displayed on the blank screen on the A350? Or will it be somewhere in the cockpit so that us pilots don’t have to have the mini or full screen map open to see the Full taxi diagram?
Thanks,
@CPT_Colorado
(P.S if i need to put this in features let me know)

1 Like

You already got your answer that it is disclosed

Edit: Ok you got perms

I made a post about it here as a simple idea, so it is not known. It is unlikely, but still a concept.

1 Like

well @dca.iad.aviation Great minds do think alike :)
Also it can be a great Idea to put in #features

Bruh honestly the new taxiway diagram is going to save me a lot of trouble instead of me having to find a somewhat high quality layout, on Google or whatever.

2 Likes

For those who are beginning to burst at the seams in total hypeness (including me)…

This is why we wait.

We never truly know what the (awesome) devs have up their sleeves or are working on in the background. Sure, from a laymen’s perspective, clouds and the 777 seemed ready to ship, right? We all thought that was all that’s coming in the update.

Then we got sounds. Then we got doors. Now, we have the first iteration of taxiway maps. This is why we wait 👌

In the words of Jason: Be cool 😎

In the words of Misha: Go outside, take a walk, have a breath of fresh air, and the update will be here before you know it.

mic drop 🎤 🔥

31 Likes

Then the ground control would be getting more busy than the tower haha

1 Like

Why, thank you :)

Hopefully something like this is added in terms of accessing/viewing the chart. It could show a preview of what airport you select on the navigation screen and would take the place of the OIS unavailable message we currently have.

(image is photoshopped and is simply a representation of an idea/concept and not a confirmation of an upcoming feature.)

92 Likes

I already have a #features request for this if you want to vote @bensonb

6 Likes

Looks nice, sounds nice. We can only hope.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be that guy, but the moderators have had people take down quite a few concept photos because it very well could cause confusion. I’m not a final authority on this by any means, but just fair warning, I would recommend you take it down…

5 Likes

He is showing what an idea that was mentioned above would look like.

1 Like

Yes, I know, but that can create problems with people seeing an image and thinking that is a confirmed picture. The moderators have said this to at least two concept images I can remember, so just saying 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes

Yes I see what you are saying

And hopefully this is enough for others to think that this is in the game