Update 20.1 Development Thread - Rolling Out Now!

Ok wow ! We get a teaser everyday or what ?
I don’t know and I don’t want to speculate BUT

I can literally smell the 777 hehe

7 Likes

“Task failed successfully”

Well now at least I can be flying at a much higher altitude and not have to be worrying about my flight time being way off then calculated

6 Likes

I kinda know what VNAV is but can someone explain it again ?
NO LONG DISCUSSION PLEASE :)
So are you able to tell (bruh) the autopilot to descend at a following waypoint or to start descending ?

Most likely, yes.

You can picture VNAV as the “NAV” we have now, just for altitude.

4 Likes

We are getting so much stuff this update I can only imagine what else they have in store 👀

2 Likes

VNAV is the automated descent feature that will allow for a certain path to be followed from cruise to specified altitudes.

If you do it right and plan appropriately, you push one button and it’ll take you from FL360 down to say 19,000 or whatever altitude you specify automatically.

30 Likes

I stand by my point.

You developers are truly phenomenal 😍

2 Likes

How would the VNAV “automaticallly” adjust its altitude? Would you just have to plug it in before hand?

2 Likes

Thanks so much to all the devs and people working to make 20.1 happen!

1 Like

Would this also work for step climbing?

2 Likes

From my understanding “yes”

1 Like

VNAV alone makes this update awesome, and the B777? Developers and Testers are incredibly good at IF 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

1 Like

There will be tutorials for all the features, don’t worry.

35 Likes

The VNAV option will work like real VNAV Depending on the engine power, will the v / s be different?

That will be covered in the tutorial.

13 Likes

Sounds good, thank you :)

1 Like

I have a question, because of everything going on this year, are there so many features because the devs are putting say 20.1/.2 together so the first big update of 2020 is a massive one? or will there be 4 updates? Just curious

6 Likes

VNAV?!?! LETS GO!

I am so looking forward to this update…

2 Likes

I’ll say that this waiting is just fun because then I know they will fix most of the Issues we could experience, take your time!

1 Like

What is actually VNAV

2 Likes