Update 20.1 Development Thread - Rolling Out Now!

I know I’m 5 hours late but that’s amazing! I have no words for how much this was needed!

3 Likes

Because this is not a chat room. Please use the private messaging system.

15 Likes

@AdamCallow
Not to be picky, and I’m sure you testers have seen it already, but I count 11 fan blades on the left engine and 10 on the right in that new photo. Just seems like something Infinite Flight should fix?

All jokes haha. Excited for the new airport maps!

4 Likes

An easy and viable way to do that would be atc by voice.

1 Like

I didn’t want to make a completely new post for this, so I’ll post it here:

I am concerned about running IF on my device after 20.1. With how advanced the 777 will be, and with the fact that I can barely fly the A350 as it is, are their any ways I can optimize my device’s performance? I have an iPhone XR, and even though it’s fairly new I run everything on low, including aircraft shown, exit all apps and restart before a flight, and fly with brightness down.

4 Likes

You should be fine with an iPhone XR. Have a look at this topic:

3 Likes

I suggest reading some of the moderator or developer replies in this topic :)

2 Likes

With project metal and all the other performance adjustments, I have a good feeling it’ll run a lot better than 19.4 did. I use an iPhone 7 which is starting to get a little old so I share your concern. But I have hope that IF will fix the performance issues.

3 Likes

@bensonb @GlobalFlyer1

The thing is, the last 2 times I flew the A350 the game crashed, and already when I fly to airports with substantial traffic the game becomes laggy.

1 Like

@anon57683537, the XR is powerful enough that it’ll be a long time and several, several updates later that you’ll have to start worrying. I have one too.

3 Likes

I am kinda worried how much longer my iPhone 7 will last though because it’s probably gonna be awhile until I can upgrade to a better phone.

1 Like

Maybe it’s RAM-related? Sorry for clogging the thread by the way, hopefully this is a good use of space

1 Like

My iPhone XR works fine even for short to medium haul flights and with the A350. I think we should move this to the compatibility thread 😉

Not trying to mini-mod, but just helping out.

3 Likes

Can you link me that post?

When I was on my old iPad. I turned the a350 screens off. I was able to to longer flights without the game crashing. Keep the screen in for take off and landing. When you are at cruise cut them off.

1 Like

@anon57683537 the best you can do now is start a dm with everyone who’s helping, this is a 20.1 development thread, not a 19.4 update support database. ;)

1 Like

That’s a known issue. See here:

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/support-faq-19-4-please-read-this-before-posting/384749/2

Follow these steps to reduce chances of a crash

3 Likes

That wasn’t his point. His point is that given the situation with the crashes, he is concerned whether or not his device will be able to handle 20.1. He wasn’t asking for support on the crashes.

2 Likes

Now since this is a 20.1 update thread. Does anyone know anything about the SIDS and STARS?

SIDS and STARS were in the works of being implemented (at least in the US). However, it is unlikely that they will ship with this update. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like