Update 20.1 Development Thread - Rolling Out Now!

As always no release date is set. A statement was made in the link below that should be handy for your understanding. :)

1 Like

The landing gear stripe should be on every aircraft. It’s to indicate the maximum turn the tug can make

1 Like

Am I the only one that feels like this update is closer than we think? Everything seems to be falling into place smoothly. Also today I saw that seb closed the 19.4 support thread. Don’t know if that means anything but it never hurts to wonder 😏

5 Likes

Personally I feel like flying should be the first priority, then the cabin and esthetics that you’ll like can come later.

4 Likes

Will they fix the course change? Cuz right now it turns very fast

Nothing has been confirmed about that being implemented at the current time. You can vote for it below.

I think we all just need to wait until the update actually comes, and then we can stop making assumptions and enjoy what the devs have done. :)

It will come before we know it ;)

1 Like

I understand. But commercial airline pilots wouldn’t exist without the passengers, and the passenger experience is so key in modern day airlines’ operations. I don’t really care for a cabin, but I’d be happy with the same cabin across all the liveries as it has always been for the CRJ. No one complained.

4 Likes

I think we should do what we did with the CRJ thread. We keep getting the exact same questions so many times. Just my $0.02.

Also,

Cargo pilots: “Am I a joke to you?”

Jk, lol.

7 Likes

@anon38496261, I suggested the same above, here’s what Jason said. I have no reason to think this doesn’t still apply, but I agree, this thread is just becoming a chore to get any info…

2 Likes

The problem with that thread though was that there was way too much speculation and misinformation being spread. This thread hasn’t been too bad and some speculation doesn’t hurt anyone. Besides, everyone is stuck at home so a lot of people are gonna wanna have discussion here.

3 Likes

Does anybody know if the clouds will move or not move?

Hasn’t been confirmed either way. Though I suspect that for the live environment where wether will vary they will at least have some way to transition in and out. I suspect that clouds won’t pop into existence all of the sudden, and I would also suspect they will be tied to the real weather, so I assume some level of animation will be present personally, but the developers haven’t said anything to my knowledge…

2 Likes

I think somebody said that they will be moving on the livestream but I dont know if that is true.

1 Like

You did hear that correctly, clouds will move with the wind and be there if clouds are there IRL.

1 Like

I can’t help but appreciate how much effort IF is putting into clouds. Clouds have been one of my most wanted features and they are really going all out with realism.

2 Likes

A lot of US pilots see it as a safety risk, what if you’re flying, and you’re on approach and you get a sudden gust of wind (this happens quite often) and your Go-Pro comes off and hits you in the face. This is reinforced by the fact that FAA regs prohibits such operations under Part 121 (which is what the airlines fly under) without a special exemption. Also, many airlines themselves in the US also prohibit recording on the flight deck. So many pilots see it as a safety risk and as a violation of FAA and company policies. Not a good look. It’s a different story on the ground, there’s no violations involved with recording on the ground. Taking pictures, most pilots don’t seem to really care. I heard that the FAA has been going after some pilots doing this, but who knows. Also, it’s important to note that this applies only to US pilots. Who in the states knows what EASA regs are and Air France policies allow, so US pilots don’t really judge them. But if I was a young 777 FO who flew for United or AA, I’d save the Go-Pro for a ferry flight (Part 91 operations, different regulations) or for the jumpseat ride home (PIC determine’s whether a commuter can record).

5 Likes

I think it’s a pointless rule. People fit cameras onto the exterior of cars and all kinds of other locations. If iPads and others loose items are fine then I think a Go Pro is less harmless. The US looks to be one of the few nations which doesn’t allow this. BA have some great ones thanks to Captain Dave. I see no issue with it and for the most part it does wonders for PR and reassures passengers, particularly those who fear flying. It’s exactly why BA had BASMART

5 Likes

I agree. If it’s properly secured, and of course not fiddled with during critical phases of flight I don’t really see the safety risk. My best thought is that the regulators and airlines figure that this is a bit of a rabbit hole. Once we allow filming on the flight deck, even if we’re allowing it in a controlled way who knows where that goes when every pilot brings a go pro to work. When do you cross the line from a go pro on a secured mount to someones phone taped to the window, and how do you police that 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it would be fine I’m almost all cases, but I assume the thinking is more of the only way to really control this is to say no period… 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes