Update 20.1 Development Thread - Rolling Out Now!

😂 please serious when is the update ?

Nobody knows. Plus, Infinite Flight never tell us when they will release updates as anything can change at any time.

1 Like

We’ll get it when it’s ready

This thread gets kinda heated lol
I for one am very excited for this. I think it looks great so far, I think the windscreen looks fine and I don’t care if its 3 cm to big or the flaperon is small or the cockpit isn’t brown enough. I appreciate all the work the devs do and I know I couldn’t do any better myself so I am very pleased with their products and willing to wait because it will be worth the wait. Thank you devs!

5 Likes

For me, what hit me the hardest was how they screwed the pooch with the instruments. I can’t believe that more people aren’t talking about it, but if you look, the F/O’s instruments are the same configuration as the captain’s, whereas it should be mirrored.

https://www.google.com/search?q=infinite+flight+a350&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_rfWLgafoAhVjmuAKHZBDD5EQ_AUoAXoECA4QAw#imgrc=BawwBbBUEvqWB

https://www.google.com/search?q=a350+flight+deck&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwistrOugafoAhUQtlkKHZi6C24Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=a350&gs_l=img.1.2.0i67l4j0i131i67j0j0i67l3j0.2378.4105..5628...1.0..1.538.1101.0j4j5-1…0…1…gws-wiz-img…0.n1A45CUWBl0&ei=06RzXuyAIZDs5gKY9a7wBg&safe=active&hl=en#imgrc=p7LoZ5TmuGRiVM

It might seem minor, but it’s actually very important for realism and the basic functionality of the flight deck. I don’t know how anyone could have missed this, and the aircraft should never have been released like that in my opinion.

8 Likes

This was the response

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but if they couldn’t figure out a way to do it correctly without destroying performance, then they shouldn’t have released it. There, I said it.

6 Likes

According to what was said on that thread, the two are actually configurable and interchangeable in real life. So, while the one in IF isn’t the “standard” configuration, it is possible for an A350 to have that configuration, and it is not unrealistic in my opinion. Anyway, the 777 is looking AMAZING, and I am extremely excited to fly it!

2 Likes

For those questioning the update, it most likely will not occur until the world situation is over.

More elaborated:

3 Likes

This is an interesting take. Some of the instrument panels are actually INOP and you chose to focus on the the fact that the F/O doesn’t have a mirrored display? As @NeperQiell pointed out, there’s an actual reason for it.

My feeling is that if we had polled the community and asked “should we hold back the release of the A350 until we can figure out a way to handle 150 of them at one airport with mirrored screens?” the answer would have been a resounding “no”.

Regardless, I’m sorry we let you down. This is valuable feedback that we will consider for the 777 release.

PS… instruments are still a work in progress for each new aircraft. They’re a lot of work.

28 Likes

Thanks again for that Jason.

I really like that people have opinions and string feelings to the little things but i feel to many complain with out doing research into finding if there has been a reason etc… That you and other staff or mods have explained but no, they don’t. And you all have to keep repeating themselves.
That what annoys me about this community. Too many don’t take their own time to look around before stating things.

Sorry rage over.
I’m super excited for this to go into community testing (alpha/beta) and then finally get released to the whole community as its looking superb with all the current progress and everyone is doing a fabulous job at keeping us all informed and on our seats with new updates on the progress being made.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s cool and all but still no sight of that Pepsi can. Maybe you have some Intel 👀

4 Likes

Yeah, where’s the Pepsi can?

6 Likes

The Pepsi can is the most important part of the plane!

5 Likes

GeTmeThEpEpsiCan

Jkjkjk, lol. Pepsi reduces performance in humans and sim pilots’ devices.

3 Likes

Without the Pepsi can, it is unairworthy.

6 Likes

casually removes airworthiness certificate due to lack of Pepsi in the cockpit

6 Likes

Water > Pepsi
Healthy > Unhealthy

7 Likes

They’re probably changing to water. I don’t want a dehydrated pilot and i’m sure you don’t either.

8 Likes

Pepsi is hydrating enough.

6 Likes