Upcoming Clouds

Hey, I don’t know if this is the right category but I was wondering if there is a fpln website that shows what altitude clouds are at. Especially in cruise. Since you have to change how the clouds look manually I was just wondering.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey!
Simbrief does show weather at different altitudes, though I am not sure about clouds. Cirrus clouds are usually around FL200. Hope this helps.

doesn’t FPLNTOIF.com use simbrief?

I use windy.com for all of my weather information. It’s one of the only platforms I found that allows you to look at a map with different overlays like clouds wind and I believe temperature. there’s several features.

3 Likes

Yes, but you need a simbrief account and I like all of the extra info simbrief gives. Also I think this goes in #thirdparty though not 100% sure.

1 Like

Cirrus clouds height usually above the 16,000 ft
and less than 49,000 ft
According to Wikipedia

2 Likes

I use the same, specially if you have to cross the pacific or the Atlantic

2 Likes

I don’t have any website recommendations at the moment but I’m sure another user will or already has left something.

Also, clouds’ll be static for 21.1, which will allow you to position them from 20,000 to 50,000 feet MSL. Current cloud conditions may be outside of this range, just to let you know.

1 Like

Would be interesting to find out where this data is collected from. Dunno. I would say some really good info regarding the types and how they form can be found here: Cirrus clouds - Met Office

Windy, the weather data and plots from the us gov is another good source when your flying in the US. Also, I use 1-800-wxbrief for my real life weather data and planning. Hope this helps! 👌😄

1 Like

Good question! Hope you get an answer because I am actually also a little curious about this.

Yea i’m just gonna use the metar and leave at that

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.