Unusual Aircraft Registrations

Post airlines like the one below :)

• Air China (B - 787_)
  • WOW Air (TF-BRO, TF-GAY, TF-DAD, TF-MOM)
  • Virgin Atlantic (G-VGAS, G-VNEW, G-VAHH, G-VLUV, G-VKSS, G-VNYC, G-VBIG, G-VOOH, G-VBZZ, G-VUFO)
  • Meridiana (I-SMEL)
  • Corsair (F-GSEX)
4 Likes

Maybe just make it unusual registrations as there won’t be many like that… Eg. TF-BRO (WOW Air A320) - Notice the ‘bro’

1 Like

How about Virgin Atlantic? G-VGAS (Las Vegas), G-VNEW (New Plane), G-VAHH (AHHHH!), G-VLUV (Love), G-VKSS (Kiss), G-VNYC (New York City), G-VBIG (Big 747), G-VOOH (OOH!), and G-VBZZ (Buzzing Bees). These are some of the many examples of Virgin Atlantic’s registrations.

6 Likes

They also have G-VUFO on an A330-300

1 Like

TF-DAD and TF-MOM

WOW air A321’s

2 Likes

It’s a wiki…

Meridiana MD-82🇮🇹
I-SMEL

2 Likes

There is one big no no aircraft registration I’ve seen. Search up ‘funny aircraft registration’ on google images if you really want to see it.
Qantas Boeing 707 John Travolta V-Jet: N707JT

Corsair - F-GSEX

Has an appropiate livery too

Oh, wow. What did they do to this poor old 747? If young children saw that livery…

If young children saw it, they wouldn’t get it.

Unless their parents explicitly taught them.

@AR_AR is British confirmed.

1 Like

Oh dear

1 Like

To a surprise, F-GSEX is the only “sold out” registration on GeminiJets

2 Likes

For all you top gear fans, you probably know who’s plane this is. 😂

2 Likes

British Airways has a 777-200ER with the reg G-RAES which is an homage to the Royal Aeronautical Engineering Society.

They also had a Concorde registered G-BOAC, presumably after one of their two predecesor airlines.

Aer Lingus has or had A330s with the registrations EI-LAX, EI-ORD etc. after their flagship USA destinations.

The countries who have letter registrations, like Euro Countries, Canada, Australia, NZ etc. seems to have more of an option to have interesting registrations. We don’t get that as much in the US with N… format.

I was spotting at my local airport yesterday and there where two aircraft parked one behind the other at the pumps with Registrations G-PLAY and G-ASSS… Also at HAM, I saw a Lufthansa A321 D-AISH, which if said out loud in one word sounds like one of the names given to IS

All the corporates ;-)

They also have EI-EWR. EI-ORD is being scrapped for spare parts.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.