Unprofessional Act

Hello IFC, I did a EDDM to KEWR flight today, and some random unprofessional person decided to takeoff from KJFK and cut me off from my final at KEWR. This is very unprofessional and I was hoping IFATC would see this, but with the current amount of people at KJFK I suppose they weren’t seeing.

I may have spammed that I was on final, only to see if they would realize what they are doing. It says he was ghosted, but it usually says that when you report someone, and he wasn’t actually ghosted or reported.

2 Likes

Hmmm…yeah he should’ve been reported…contact a mod…

1 Like

Get in contact with a Moderator with the replay and the callsign and they will handle it 👍

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother contacting a mod. They’ll only add a report due to a miss on the controllers part if the infraction is considered severe. Also, we as controllers try to stray away from cross-frequency ghosting in the first place, since its hard to determine who is responsible.

6 Likes

I agree but in general they shouldn’t really be taking off from KJFK and then landing at KEWR - especially with ATC around and at the same time cutting someone off on final - which on Expert is not acceptable.

1 Like

Yes I understand, but this is a bit unprofessional for Expert server right? It’s no ones fault, I’m not blaming IFATC, it’s just the person who did this shouldn’t be flying on expert.

1 Like

The only chance you’ll have of action being taken towards him is if you PM a mod. But like what diamond said, it’s probably not worth bothering

2 Likes

Hang on…can I just ask one question - was NY Approach on at the time

1 Like

There are a plethora of people on expert who shouldn’t be there. However, unless we see them in the act and have evidence that they were responsible, we don’t ghost. On top of that, the controller should be focused on their field and not trying to find people to ghost.

1 Like

Yes. I took a picture just in case if it helps.

So that means he approached KEWR without permission to approach there - this should definitely be taken further - I’m surprised ATC didn’t notice

1 Like

What could have happened is he checked into approach as he was in JFKs airspace, then once he was handed off to Unicom and no longer under the hands of the approach controller, he cut in front.

1 Like

Frequency 125.7 does not serve KEWR.

2 Likes

The picture shows IFATC form KJFK just to be clear

1 Like

Oh my bad - I thought it was NY Airspace in general

1 Like

That probably is what happened - he probably thought that since he was no longer under ATC supervision he could do whatever he wanted - as is what happens quite frequently on Expert when ATC ain’t around :/

1 Like

If KEWR is not open by ATC we will likely not intervene unless it’s an obvious act like flying through another aircraft or speeding among other things.

This is almost worse then being cut off, never do this. Not expert behavior. Go around or resequence yourself.

4 Likes

Yes I did do a go around and landed the second time.

There were no NOTAMs against flying from KJFK to KEWR. But he did he announce his final before you?

Edit: Also, I wouldn’t really consider this ‘unprofessional’ behaviour. These incidents happen very commonly in real world aviation. If he doesnt go around, then you should.

It’s not a “I’m first” type of thing, “so get behind me”. You just fit in when it makes sense. Like IRL aircraft aren’t required to communicate on Unicom but they definitely should be and they must be aware of other traffic.

1 Like