Unpopular plane Appreciation Post

I decided to take the beautiful Iran Air 747-200 from Tehran IKA to Doha.

The 742 is such an iconic airplane so it’s a real shame that no one flies it. I can’t say I blame them since the IF model doesn’t have wing flex (my biggest pet peeve ever) and the plane can be tricky and sluggish to fly.

Nonetheless, I still had a nice time :)

I hope this encourages someone to choose a neglected plane for their next flight :)

22 Likes

I agree and I’ve gone back to fly it several times. Nice photos! Do you know the location of the last one? Also the mountains of Iran are quite spectacular.

2 Likes

Looks like the approach into Doha

2 Likes

Yea approach into doha haha. And thanks!!!

1 Like

I fly the -200 all the time… If you like this aircraft, you’ll be in a treat when a virtual airline I’m a part of gets approved…

2 Likes

I flew the 737-7 in black and purple, is that a neglected livery?

1 Like

yup, man speaks the truth!

1 Like

Oh cool!! do u guys have like a discord or something?

We are currently awaiting approval, I don’t think I will share too much yet… want it to be surprise… but I’m sure you can figure it out based off of mine and @Hector_Wilson profile pics…

2 Likes

okay nice ! bc i need friends to fly with lol. IF can get boring on your own

Once you discover your true interests, you’ll be fine in your own! But I can be your friend in the mean while :)

1 Like

Well i’ve found my true interest as i’ve been an avgeek all my life. i just need to find ppl who share the same passions lol :)